• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4e Stranded

Walking Dad

First Post
Opened up recruitment for a defender for SKTillBrekODays spot. Again, those who have previously shown interest have preference.

The characteris based on a character for another game, but I later changed my character to an illusionist.

Graven, a big waforged, clad in heavy component armor, using a longsword and a shield.

Build to help an evil tyrant to oppress a small village, the near death of a little human girl reached his conscience and forced him to rebel. Freeing the adventurer group from prison, he first helped them to overthrow his former master and later joined them, fighting for freedom and good.

Str: 18
Con: 16
Dex: 14
Int: 12
Wis: 12
Cha: 10

Feats:
1 Imp. Warforged Resolve

At Will
- Sure Strike
- Tide of Iron

Encounter
Racial - Warforged Resolve
1 - Spinning Sweep

Daily
1 - Comeback Strike

I will/can change the background to make him more compatible with your game.
His magic item will be his razor scale mail, a gift from his former master.

Rayex

First Post
OOC: Not able to access the map- it immediately crashes Word, and while it says part of the file was corrupted and could be recovered, reopening the file only gives a few pages of (code?). I have seen this problem with some excel-type maps, while others work fine, but still don't know what causes it.

Bleergh, thats not good.

I would like some way to make it a jpg file instead of an excel document.. but cannot seem to figure out how to do that :p

Tyler Durden

First Post
Keldi (Kel as most his friends call him) is a good natured halfling whose biggest weakness is a propensity to help anyone he believes to be in need. When he was young an unfortnate mix of curiosity and lack of common sense almost led him to become a real trouble maker. Fortunately after a botched scheme involving a stray cat, two bars of soap, and the local temple's stables, a cleric of Avandra took Kel under his wing and taught him both about life and battle.

To most people Kel strikes a fairly odd image - a halfling dressed in plate armor and carrying a sword that he hardly seems strong enough to swing. First impressions are usually discarded after one sees Kel fight though, as his bravery and even durability seem to be more that enough. Some small folk might prefer other roles, but Kel knows the luck of Avandra comes in all sizes.

Kel only recently began his official life as an adventurer and this was his first sea voyage. He doesnt remember much of what happened (only that he had a troublesome dream about a childhood friend, but waking to see that the crew is stranded (and some are missing), he immediatley feels the urge to lend a hand.

Keldi
Halfling Male
Paladin 1

STR: 13 (+1)
DEX: 12 (+1)
CON: 14 (+2)
INT: 08 (-1)
WIS: 14 (+2)
CHA: 18 (+4)

HP: 34
Healing Surge: 8 HP (12x per day)

Skills Trained
-Religion +3
-Insight +6
-Endurance +6
-Intimidate +8

Feats
-Toughness

At-will Powers
-Bolstering Strike
-Enfeebling Strike

Encounter Powers
-Fearsome Smite

Daily Powers
-Paladin's Judgment

Class Abilities
-Channel Divinity 1x per encounter
•Divine Mettle
•Divine Strength
-Divine Challenge
-Lay on Hands

Racial Abilitihes
-+2 CHA and DEX
-+2 Acro and Thievery
-+5 saves vs fear
-+2 AC vs opportunity attacks
-Second Chance Power 1x/encounter

Gear
-Plate Armor (50g)
-Heavy Shield (10g)
-Scimitar (10g)
-Holy Symbol (10g)
-Standard Adventurers Kit (15g)
-Amulet of Protection +1 (Magic item givento Kel by his mentor the day he set off to explore and adventure)

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
[sblock=Arden Silverbeam]
Arden Silverbeam - Male - Elf - Fighter – 1

Str 17
Con 12
Dex 14
Int 10
Wis 15
Cha 11

AC 17
For 14
Ref 12
Will 12

Initiative: +2
Speed: 6 in Scale (7 unarmored)

HP: 28
Healing surges/day: 10

Languages: Common, Elven
Alignment: Unaligned
Patron Deity: Sehanine

Racial features: low-light vision, elven weapon proficiency, fey origin, group awareness, wild step, elven accuracy.

Class features: Combat Challenge, Combat Superiority, Fighter Weapon Talent (2-handed)

Skills (*trained):
Acrobatics +2
Arcana +0
Athletics* +8
Bluff +0
Diplomacy +0
Dungeoneering +0
Endurance* +6
Heal* +7
History +0
Insight +2
Intimidate +0
Nature +4
Perception +4
Religion +0
Stealth +2
Streetwise +0
Thievery +2

Feats: Blade Opportunist

Powers (with description if possible):
-at will:
Cleave: Melee. +6 vs. AC; Hit: 2d4+3 and an enemy adjacent to you takes 3
Reaping Strike: Melee. +6 vs. AC; Hit: 2d4+3; Miss: 3

-encounter:
Elven Accuracy: Free Action; Personal; Reroll an attack roll, use the second roll.
Steel Serpent Strike: Melee. +6 vs. AC; Hit: 4d4+3 and the target is slowed and cannot shift until the end of your next turn.

-daily:
Brute Strike: Melee. +6 vs. AC; Hit: 6d4+3; Reliable.

Equipment (100 gp): Scale Armor, Glaive, 2 Javelins, Backpack, 5gp.

Background:
-Appearance: Arden has long reddish blonde hair he keeps tied back, under his helmet. His scale armor is old, worn, and out-of current style with somewhat clunky leaf-shaped scales. His glaive is serviceable with a somewhat battered blade and a solid, thick wooden haft wrapped in black leather near the grip. Arden generally wears a cloth-of-silver sash around his waist and ties a matching scarf around the end of his glaive as a rememberance of Sehanine, goddess of the moon.
-History: Arden grew up in the elven community of Gaveen, a mountain city as known for its beautiful countryside as for its gentle folk. Unfortunately, 2 years before Arden was to come of age, a horrible plague struck Gaveen, leaving many of the townsfolk sick and dying. Many suspected foul play or supernatural influence in the plague, but nothing was ever conclusively proven. Rather than risk the death of their only son, Arden’s parents left Gaveen for human lands, pulling Arden from the home he loved so much and the friends he valued so dearly.
Arden has spent the last two years in the town of Prisa, waiting until he was old enough to set out on his own and get away from his parents whom he resented for moving him away from Gaveen. A ship bound for parts unknown gave him his chance.
-Personality: Arden is a solitary individual who can sometimes get too caught up in his own thoughts. He rarely speaks, and when he does it is generally in short and precise language. The large exception to this rule are the subjects of Gaveen and Sehanine. Arden is always willing to expound upon the unique beauties of his two great loves and relies on the latter’s guidance while following his own unknown path, hoping that somewhere along the way, the path will lead back to the former.
[/sblock]

Arden was submitted in another game and rejected. I'd be happy to further rework history for this campaign if desired.

Graf

Explorer
Why does it tell me it's rejected my post... and then post it? Arg.
Arg, I say.

Her's (the long drawn out annoying) way that I make image files.
There are probably like, fifteen easier ways to do this. This is just what I do.

Copy the excel screen
Open excel to the right sheet.
View -> Fullscreen
Hold down control and hit Print Screen
It's a pain the ___ to find. It's usually next to the scroll lock key.
This saves the current screen in your clipboard.

Save it to a .bmp
Go to a folder where you keep maps (or don't, desktop is fine too)
Right click -> Create new file -> Bit Map (.bmp file)
Name it something (I like to code things, so KK is KK1_F1_R1_Initxx)
Open the new .bmp file in paint I associate it with the paint program but you can also do Right Click -> Open with
control-V or edit->paste
save

Convert to .jpg
Open picasa -> Picasa finds the file and addes it to your library
click on the picture in your picasa file -> so you're just looking at the file
File -> save a copy... Despite the elipsis you won't actually get a menu
a new copy with the same name (but ending in .jpg) appears in the folder

Upload and wow your players.

For bonus points you can hide the windows toolbar (you may need to right click and remove the 'check' next to Lock the Taskbar). Otherwise a copy of all your programs is visible in the screen.
(you may care if you have files open with sensitive document names like MSFT GOOGLE MERGER or whatever)

Thanee

First Post
After clipboarding it, you can also directly open Paint from the Start Menu under Accessories, CTRL+V paste it there and then Save As... JPG.

Bye
Thanee

Remove ads