• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4e "The Awakening" ("Virtual Sandbox") - Discussion / OOC

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Okay, As of right now, everyone who has posted other than me is now a player.

Shayuri is under consideration to create a character first. Anyone else has 48 Hours to advance themselves for consideration. You also have 48 hours to object to the 3rd level start.

It is now 4:03pm EDT 5/25/10.

Of course if everyone responds we can start quicker. :)

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I am up for Shayuri to start and will have my three characters ready as per your guidelines soon. And thanks for letting me on board. :)

EDIT: oh and lvl 3 is fine with me also, thanks WD

HM

Last edited:

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Just Waiting for buy in from ig.

You will be starting from a secure base.

My default assumption is a "point of light" town near enough to other settlements for trade but isolated enough for danger. Your characters will be a group of adventurers who lived here or traveled here but have worked together to save the town in the recent past. This paragraph is totally mutable if we have better ideas, but that is my basic starting block.

Shay, It looks like it will likely be you starting. I would like to add two restrictions to the three characters to ensure variation.
1) The characters must each have a different class/race combo.
[Two Elven rangers with different builds is lame.]
2) The three characters must not all share the same race or class.
[Three Genasi of different classes or 3 Psions of different races is boring.]

Go for variety.

Classes and races from all wizard's sources are Okay, except no MM races.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Lemme just make sure I get this.

I'm going to pose three character concepts, roughly two to three sentences in length and just giving a very brief snapshot of the concept, and then y'all are going to decide which seems like the best one?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Lemme just make sure I get this.

I'm going to pose three character concepts, roughly two to three sentences in length and just giving a very brief snapshot of the concept, and then y'all are going to decide which seems like the best one?

No I think you post one character (the starter) with a mission/goal and you are looking for others to help. The rest of us post three characters (I may do five is that all right?) and then the group votes for who they think well best mesh with your character and goals. And then the next and so on till we have a group that is a little coherent.

Well did I knock it out of the park or do I look back and see if the catcher has the ball in his glove? :p

HM

industrygothica

Adventurer
Just Waiting for buy in from ig.

You will be starting from a secure base.

My default assumption is a "point of light" town near enough to other settlements for trade but isolated enough for danger. Your characters will be a group of adventurers who lived here or traveled here but have worked together to save the town in the recent past. This paragraph is totally mutable if we have better ideas, but that is my basic starting block.

Shay, It looks like it will likely be you starting. I would like to add two restrictions to the three characters to ensure variation.
1) The characters must each have a different class/race combo.
[Two Elven rangers with different builds is lame.]
2) The three characters must not all share the same race or class.
[Three Genasi of different classes or 3 Psions of different races is boring.]

Go for variety.

Classes and races from all wizard's sources are Okay, except no MM races.

I can't think of anyone more capable of getting the ball rolling than Shayuri. I can't wait to see what you come up with. Level 3 is fine with me, but I'd personally rather not start any higher than that if we can avoid it.

HM: I think you're headed back to the dugout on this one. The way I read it, Shayuri's got the right of it.

-IG

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads