• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4e "The Awakening" ("Virtual Sandbox") - Discussion / OOC

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Hey all I'm looking to see if there is interest in people playing in a 4e game I would create. It'd be a "virtual sandbox", meaning that the characters would start with a decent enough reason to work together, and a little cohesion, and I would throw some rumors and missions out there, and we'd see where things go.

I was inspired by this post to try a little wacky Collaboration in creating the campaign.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/genera...eplaying-into-cohesive-party.html#post5190174

I am looking for 5 players, willing to work with me on creating a campaign bit by bit.

I will take the first 5 players who agree to my terms. I will take 2 alts.

I roll physical dice. You roll with Invisible Castle.
You are agreeing to post 4 times per week, preferably more.
I think I want to use iplay4E as a character tracker, but I'm not totally locked in.
I will use some wonky initiative system, and tell you monster defenses so you can roll your attacks and narrate them in one shot.

We will randomly determine one player out of those who wish to volunteer to create first. They will create 3 Character Ideas and we will vote. Everyone else will be randomly ranked and create 3 characters in turn, which the already existing characters/players will select for compatibility.

The setting will grow organically from the character designs, with my own spin.

Last edited:

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Players:
industrygothica
renau1g - declined 1st Char
HolyMan - declined 1st Char - ok lvl 3
Walking Dad - declined 1st Char - ok lvl 3
Shayuri -- Candidate for first character.

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
I've been looking to join a new 4e game, and the idea of a campaign collaboration is intriguing, to say the least.

I can usually post 4 times a week, but sometimes real life likes to play its little tricks. All in all, that is the only issue that I may have, and even then it would be a rarity.

If you'll have me, color me interested!

-IG

renau1g

First Post
I'd be in on this Charwoman Gene. I had good fun in your last adventure so I'd love to play again. I would like to try a psionic PC or perhaps a bard...

Post rate shouldn't be an issue, but I don't usually post on weekends.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I as well will throw my hat in. I read the Session 1 link and believe this will be fun. I am not quite up to par on 4e I am playing one game here now and hopefully starting my second 4e (lifetime) soon. So this would make #3 and the experience would be helpful. I learn things it seems all the time.

My post rate is pretty good (9.67/day) so I think the 4 times a week will not be any touble. :)

Curious as to starting level, books allowed, and anything else I can use to get a jump on my three characters race wise won't know what to take for class until we see what we got.

HM

Walking Dad

First Post
Very much interested doing sandbox in 4e. 4 times / week should be no problem, I can post everyday in the week and now also a bit on the weekend. I have no access to the characterbuilder, so I would need someone kind enough to convert my character to a iplay4E format.
I would prefer to play a striker or a controller, but definitively a ranged character.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
I'm not gonna be a crazy maniac about the post numbers, just stating my expectation.

Yes, Non-DDI characters are fine, as long as it isn't the majority of the group.

I'm not expecting fully worked up characters when we select from your three candidates. race/class and some general build/personality.

Silas, Human Avenger. A fugitive from the Erathian theocracy he served faithfully, condemned for taking the side of justice over following orders. Pursuing Avenger. (This is the most I would ask.)

Norb, Dwarf Fighter. Stereotypical Dwarf. (This is the bare minimum, but I will probably try to pull out more details.)

My Gut instinct is level three, as I'd like this to stay heroic, I could be talked into starting as high as 6th, if we want this to start as a campaign of established movers and shakers.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Some more creation notes.

Standard Point Buy, Standard Wealth and Items. (One Level +1 Item, One Level Item, One Level -1 Item and Gold equal to a Level -1 Item.)

I would like volunteers to be first to create characters. We will randomly roll unless only one person volunteers.

Please also state if you object to starting at level 3, roughly equivalent to recent local heroes, or would you like to go earlier or lower.

Shayuri

First Post
I've got several character ideas I've wanted to try in 4e for awhile now, but haven't had the chance to for whatever reason. This looks like perhaps a game that would be open to one of them. :)

I'd also be happy to volunteer to create a character.

Remove ads