[4e] The Dustbowl (IC)

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Rashka stalks forward, naming the bloodied brute a Bane of existence. In the breathe afterward, the kalashtar reminds Sune of Mialucus deserving his true love story, and that she may want to heal his ails to broker the opportunity.

The elf feels the Goddess love wash over him, always a peculiar emotion -- the beauty of artistically spilled blood is *not* one usually recognized by the Lady of tender passions. It always brings a moment of... questionning, mixed with repressed... anger, an urge to... AVOID GETTING HURT AGAIN! With a whoop Mialucus dives back into it, suddenly dry blood flying off him in patches.
[quote="Eblue562]No longer blinded but seemingly dazed, the orc throws his axe again at Mialucus with renewed determination, knowing that he must swing with all his might to cut through the spiritual power just channeled by the cleric. But, try as he might, he is unable to connect his blow against Mia.[/quote]
"Dance, dance, DANCE!"

renau1g said:
Stick closes in on the orc, his quarterstaff ready, as he brings the weapon down hard on the orc's skull. The earth flows up the dragonborn and covers him for a moment as he then calls upon his enchanted full plate to further protect him. "I hope I got your attention, you dirty pig-faced mongrel," Stick taunts.
"Respect," happily contradicts Mialucus, "a skilled warrior!" He demonstates his own skills with a reversing feint that ends up driving his scimitar pommel into the orc's temple on the defenseless side. There is a shattering *crack*.

The green blood retaliates with another mighty blow but the elf is no longer there, having jumped back atop the giant buckets of bloody parts. "Name/Tribe/Title?" he suggests. "That you be remembered."

<Response orc?>

[sblock=Actions]Luring strike against OB, Int vs AC 1d20+11=30, 1d8+6=12. Slide OB to I5 while Mialucus shifts to I4, ignoring difficult terrain while shifting with his racial ability.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stat]
Mialucus, Elven Swordmage
Initiative: +2; Passive Perception: 17 Passive Insight: 13
AC: 23--Fort: 15--Ref: 16--Will: 15--Speed: 7
HP: 55/55--Bloodied: 27--Surge: 13--Surges remaining: 10/11
Action Points: 1--Second wind: Not used
Powers:
Luring Strike (AP)
Sword Burst (FRPG)

Racial: Elven Accuracy (PHB)
Falcon's Mark (AP)
Blazing Lunge (AP)
Channeling Shield (AP)
Frost Backlash (FRPG)
Lingering Lightning (FRPG)
Item: Wounding Weapon (AV)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

eblue562

First Post
Rashka winces as the pain from the poison strikes him again. He can still feel it moving through his veins as both Caden and Stick strike hard at the embattled orc. Blood is now mostly covering the orc, but he stand still, trying hard to keep fighting. With more grit and determination than strength, the orc throws his axe at Caden and Stick, trying throw them off balance.

Mia's attack lands true as well, as the painful roars of the orc increases. Desperate but still angered beyond words, the sentry attacks Mia after being slid backwards while Mia deftly stands on the buckets of severed arm parts and blood. Caden attempts to listen for sounds through the door, and is relatively sure he does not hear anything coming from the other side.

"You...may defeat...me," the orc laughs, coughing blood but still holding his axe, "but you will never defeat Akst'o!"

[sblock=Actions and movement]

Rashka's save: 2 vs. Poison. Still poisoned.

OB counter-attacks Caden: 12 vs. AC. Miss.

OB counter-attacks Stick: 13 vs. AC. Miss too!

OB counter-attacks Mia:
20 vs. AC Miss as well.

Movement:

OB - I5
Mia - I4
SK - H6
[/sblock]

[sblock=PC and Monster Status]
Players
Caden - HP: 39/44 Status:
Mialucus - HP: 55/55 Status:
Rashka - HP: 29/43 Status: 5 turn/poison, -5 perception
Roithe - HP: 45/45 Status:
Stick - HP: 58/58 Status, +2 AC(1)

Monsters

OB (Bloodied) - Damage: 165 Status: Marked by Stick
OD1 - DEAD
OD2 - DEAD
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
As if the forgone conclusion of the battle bored him, Rahska began preening his hair and digging the dirt from beneath his well manicured nails. My skin has no blemishes, I've certainly beaten Acne or whatever your talking about.

The Kalashtar looks at the rest of the party, I suppose someone should put him out of his misery...

[sblock=OOC]

Take 5 Poison

24 HP

Standard Second Wind, Regain 10, and +2 to defenses TENT

34 HP

Saves vs poison

[/sblock]

Last edited:

eblue562

First Post
Before the orc could respond to any of the snide remarks or sarcastic comments, Caden's dagger strikes through a small piece of its armor and pierces the heart of the beleaguered orc. With a blood-curdling cry, his body hits the ground with one quick spasm and it is finished. Although the creature is dead and its voice silent, a howl is still heard in the room. Turning the corner where the buckets of amputated appendages lay, Roithe is screaming in the edge of blackness, and it is clear from his eyes that madness seems to fill his mind.

"Akst'o!" He yells from behind his delirium, "My...Master...cannot...NO!" With a sudden movement, his dagger comes from his side and plunges itself into his arm. The blood pools on the dirty ground as Arcane Magick instills itself into the ritual. Suddenly, a small portal appears in the wall and Roithe is gone from the Catacombs.
Rashka steps past the two buckets casually. With a glance at his friends and comrades, both recently and for years, the Priest waves his hand slowly as he tosses a small piece of the sun stone to Mialucus.

"I am needed elsewhere, friends," he says, his noise turning up at the stench of dead body parts, "hopefully it will smell better where Roithe is going." With another small wave, he steps through the portal and is gone, the magic ending, and the portal dissipates into the wall.

The sudden turn of events sinks into the minds of the three adventurers, and a small scuffle of noise coming from the other side of the door to the south nearly escapes their attention. It sounds as though someone is bound and gagged on the other side.

[sblock=Maps and OOC]
RevealedMapER12.jpg

Welcome back! After a longish hiatus, The Dustbowl is back and ready for action. We continue where we left off. Now that this battle is finished, we are going back to "explorer" mode. Here is what I'd like to see happen:
Everyone is free to post their actions (Shayuri and yzard, you are also free to post your actions, however limited they might be) using the map above. If you decide to reveal a part of the map that is not yet shown, you can post movement of your character up to the point where you'd like to reveal the map. Then, everyone should wait to post until I post the newly revealed map with any actions that occur.

I will update posts for other actions that don't reveal the map as I see fit. I will update the IC with new information as it is becomes necessary. Please use the OOC thread to post any questions you might have. Remember, it's ok to have questions if you're confused with anything!

[/sblock]

Binder Fred

Mialucus blinks... and then blinks again. "What just happened?"

(Even as flabberghasted as he is, he's still somehow managed to hop off the huge bucket and is now distractedly on his way to open the door, scimitar halfhazardly dripping blood on the floor as he goes.)

[Sblock=Actions]Move to H25, open door. If Caden or Stick wants to get there first, though, they will (Mialucus is not at his best right now :D).[/sblock]

Legildur

First Post
Caden discretely sheathes his dagger as the maddened Roither vanishes. When Rashka also departs the halfling grimaces, but is immediately distracted by the odd noises behind the door. 'How could I have missed that last time?' he asks himself. 'Must have been the battle noise.'

Seeing that Mia has also obviously heard the same noise, and that Mia is not looking so healthy, Caden quickly shifts to the door and draws his dagger once again in readiness. Looking around to make sure the others are aware of his intentions, Caden opens the door.

Binder Fred

Following his friend's look down to his slashed and bloodied gear, the elf waves that perticular concern away: "Healed by the Lady." Which brings him back to his main concern of the moment: "What - *was* - *THAT*?! Burn and slash Roithe - stomp, stomp, stomp on his insane ashes - but Rashka...? *RASHKA*?!" The mask is actually keening in distress (sharp contrast to the spoken anger).

Mia nods his readiness to Caden, stance set, weapon at the ready.

[Sblock=New actions]I'm guessing Caden is opening the door from H24, leaving Mialucus at H25? If so, ready action: Luring Strike on anything that attacks out of that doorway, luring it out to H25. 1d20+11=25, 1d8+6=8. Shift target to H25 while Mialucus shifts to wherever stick isn't standing (G24 or 25)[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Stick will wave goodbye to his departing ally, waiting while Caden opens the door.

[sblock=ooc]
Stick's at G25 then[/sblock]

Remove ads