[4e] The Dustbowl (IC)

Shayuri

First Post
Beneath his ill-fitting blindfold, the deva blinked as he came to. As people often do in that circumstance, he reached for his name, as a rock to hold onto as he regained his memory of where he was and how he'd come to be there. Where most people would find a single name, perhaps with a few titles appended, he found an avalanche; a flood. Each of them described not who he was, but who he'd been. These days, he remembered, he just went by a declaration of his purpose. It was simpler, and far more useful for everyone concerned. He was the Scholar.

Orcs, he thought, listening to the fracas around him. And those other sounds aren't skeletons. Interesting.

Slowly, carefully, he moved a little...trying his utmost not to attract attention in his current bound and helpless state. Even so, his blindfold was getting loose enough that he could scrape it along the ground and try to get his eyes uncovered...

As he did that, he also worked his wrists and ankles to test the bonds there and see if there was a chance of freeing them anytime soon.

That's when he realized the door was opening...

(Desc: A male deva, thin and tall and somehow bookish looking, with light blue skin crisscrossed with darker blue markings. He's clad in simple clothes, with no armor or weapon evident. His hands and feet are bound, and he's blindfolded and gagged. Also, he's pretty clearly trying to get free of his bonds.)

eblue562

First Post
Caden heroically thrusts the door open with his slightly less than full party to find ... an empty room!

Well, mostly empty. Looking down, you see two bodies that don't look as though they have been dismembered or bled out yet about 5 feet away, next to a wall. Both seem to have been hastily bound, gagged, and blindfolded and laying on the floor. Their equipment seems to be intact, resting on the ground next to them. One of the adventurers, a dragonborn looks very strong and muscular. The other appears to be a Deva who is just able to peak out from behind his blindfold.

On the wall near the adventurers, you see scribbled common that looks as though someone hastily wrote down instructions. Looking closer, it (brokenly) reads;

"TA GIT THRU, USE DA PASSCOWD!!"

To the left of the wall there the room extends down, to the right, and about 10 feet across. In 5x5 tiles there are strange symbols that appear on the floor. Some of them seem to repeat, and the room itself extends past your vision.

[sblock=Maps and OOC]

Revealed Map

RevealedMapER123a.jpg

Close Up

R3_r0.jpg

So, alot of things are happening here, most importantly the addition of our two new players! Thanks for joining us Shayuri and yzard (although yzard still has yet to post his intro, I'm hoping he can soon!). Please post your actions and you may now ask each other questions, exchange in banter, etc and perform other actions.

If you wish to move in either the revealed map or the close up map, please let me know which you would like to move to in your OOC actions (You are currently in Room 3). As always, if you have any questions, please let me know in the OOC. Thanks!

[/sblock]

yzard

First Post
"What!?!!"

"Cowards! What spineless foe has done this to me? Who's there? If you be my foe then let me up and give me a chance to die on my feet!"

Bharhash twists and turns in his bindings. Hearing movement and voices and sensing a shape nearby on the floor he pauses only a moment before straining against his bonds and trying to break free.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Mialucus crouches by the captives, his expression sour: "Why? We are orcs and we are going to kill you." He (heroically) resists the temptation to poke them in the ribs with the tip of his blade.

----------------------------------------------------

Mialucus is an athletic-looking elf in automn-coloured leather armor. He wears a wooden mask depicting a garish demon and that mask actually *moves* with the emotion of its wearer, and occasionaly growls, howls or keens in response to same. He's presently a bit dusty, a bit ripped up and a bit bloody, without appearing to care about either conditions.

41173d1250555720-d-d-4th-edition-dustbowl-ic-heromachine-mialucus.jpg

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"Mmph," the deva explains helpfully through his gag. "Hmmhmmphhmmhhph. Mmmmhmmphmmmhmmm...ph."

He wriggles a bit more, and manages to get the blindfold slid up enough to reveal both of his eyes uncovered. They're a solid turquoise in color and seem to glow ever so softly.

Legildur

First Post
Caden smiles as his friend Mia antagonises the captives. After a suitable pause he says "Free them while I keep watch," the halfling adds. Perception check (1d20+9=12)

_________

Caden is an ordinary looking halfling wearing a set of worn leather armor. In fact, everything he owns looks worn, weathered and discoloured to varying degrees, but is currently covered in a thin suit of black and grey mottled fabric - the ideal camouflage for the underground environs.

Aside from the sandy hair that hangs over his left eye, only the dark steel of an obviously razor-sharp dagger in his right hand draws attention.

yzard

First Post
Bharhash, Dragonborn Warlord

[sblock=ooc]
Apologies for Bharhash speaking...I'd forgotten that his gag was tied tightly. I guess he managed to chew through it with his substantial teeth :)
[/sblock]

Hearing someone identify themselves as orcs, Bharhash's struggles against his bonds increase...and they burst against his straining.

[sblock=strength check]
Strength check against bonds (1d20+4=24)
[/sblock]

Ripping his blindfold off with one hand as he stands, he turns to see his travelling companion bound and on the ground.

He grabs his sword and shoves his way in between the Deva and an elf wearing some kind of mask....

"Back up! You are not orc, so identify yourself!"

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Shayuri said:
"Mmph," the deva explains helpfully through his gag. "Hmmhmmphhmmhhph. Mmmmhmmphmmmhmmm...ph." He wriggles a bit more, and manages to get the blindfold slid up enough to reveal both of his eyes uncovered. They're a solid turquoise in color and seem to glow ever so softly.
The elf glances at those eyes - that face, that skin - seemingly dispassionate... Until his mask suddenly smiles wide: "What colour do you bleed, blue one?"

Yzard said:
The dragonborn's struggles against his bonds increase...and they burst against his straining.

Ripping his blindfold off with one hand as he stands, he turns to see his travelling companion bound and on the ground. He grabs his sword and shoves his way in between the Deva and an elf wearing some kind of mask...

...who smoothly hops back and out of immediate reach, even forgoing the opportunity to attack with an ironic salute of his bloody scimitar (green smears, not red).

"Back up! You are not orc, so identify yourself!"

"Courageous!" comments the other with a happy chuckle. "And perceptive!"

Legildur said:
Caden smiles as his friend Mia antagonises the captives. After a suitable pause he says "Free them while I keep watch," the halfling adds.

"His highness has freed himself," informs the masked one. "A good begining," he compliments Bharhash. "Continue on!" With that he twist-rolls back, sheethes his sword and without further ado goes to see what the Stickman has been up to up till now.

[sblock=ooc] Renau, you still there, man? I'm going to guess that Stick has been looking through the orc's possessions while Caden guarded and I... used my diplomacy skill. ;) Wether that's the case or not, that's definitively what Mia is going to be doing: looting the bodies.

Anything on these guys, Eblue? Leave the boss to Stick if he wants him.[/sblock]

Last edited:

yzard

First Post
Bharhash, Dragonborn Warlord

A little confused about what is going on, but seeing no immediate threat from those around, Bharhash turns and begins to untie the bonds of his recently-aquired travel companion.

Legildur

First Post
The halfling, Caden, looks over his shoulder as the bonds are released on the two captives. "What are you two doing here?"

Last edited:

Remove ads