• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[4e] The Dustbowl (QA) [Recruitment - OPEN(1)] (OOC)

Cheub

First Post
I wouldn't mind having those shoes if nobody wants them. The high ground is always an advantage but being ably to drop down from any height may come in handy too often to just pawn them.

Legildur

First Post
I wouldn't mind having those shoes if nobody wants them. The high ground is always an advantage but being ably to drop down from any height may come in handy too often to just pawn them.
They would also make a great aid to the lead scout in avoiding pit traps. We haven't really sorted out party protocols around who does what.

Caden would be happy with the boots, but doesn't care too much either way.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!

I think the key phrase is "nearest horizontal surface" though. Unless I have this wrong, the sandals will teleport you back to your starting square unless you manage to jump closer to something else before you start falling. So jumping off a bridge will get you back to the bridge rather than down to the ground below. I therefore agree with Legildur : our scout is our best bet for maximum usage.

As for the circlet, Mialucus already has a head item. Roithe has the lowest Will save otherwise so he should probably be the one to have it if we don't decide to sell. Agreeable?

eblue562

First Post
Hey Binder,

The map is already revealed past D22. Check out this post from the previous page. Sorry I didn't post a revealed map this round. You may edit your actions is you want.

Legildur

First Post
Eblue, can Caden use his Second Chance racial power to force a reroll on the attack by the trap?

If so, he will, and then request the others for a short rest to recharge it.

If not allowed, or if the repeated attack still strikes him, then he will use a healing surge to recover 12 of those 15 hit points.

eblue562

First Post
Eblue, can Caden use his Second Chance racial power to force a reroll on the attack by the trap?

If so, he will, and then request the others for a short rest to recharge it.

If not allowed, or if the repeated attack still strikes him, then he will use a healing surge to recover 12 of those 15 hit points.

From PHB, Pg 44 :

Second Chance Halfling Racial Power
Luck and small size combine to work in your favor as you dodge
your enemy’s attack.
Encounter
Immediate Interrupt Personal
Effect: When an attack hits you, force an enemy to roll the
attack again. The enemy uses the second roll, even if it’s
lower.

Since the attack is coming from a trap and not an enemy per-se, I'm going to say that the trap is not considered an enemy. You are certainly welcome to use the healing surge though.

Just wanted you to see where I stood based on the PHB. Lemme know if you have some other part that contradicts what I say and I'll be happy to change it :D

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Hey Binder,

The map is already revealed past D22. Check out this post from the previous page. Sorry I didn't post a revealed map this round. You may edit your actions is you want.

Mialucus is checking for enemies at the intersection. He'll let Caden swing past him for the actual exploration/scouting part of it.

RE Second Chance, traps are often designed to hit man-sized targets through their center of mass (more chance to hit that way), so it might not be inappropriate to say they have a chance of failure against small, reactive opponents. Whatever the case though, Mialucus will NOT wait if Caden takes a short rest. He is out of there! :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads