• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4E Worlds: what are my options? What are you going to do?

Nahat Anoj

First Post
Filcher said:
Goodman Game's Áereth (DCC #35) World for me. Picking up the free RPG Day adventure in June and going from there. :)
Seconded. :)

I might do a blend of the generic PoL and Aereth, actually. It will probably consist mostly of borrowing names from here and there.

What I'd also like to do is just develop a bare bones starting town and work out from the there, building the world as I go.

EATherrian

First Post
I'm thinking of creating a world somewhat based on the lands from the comic book Fables. Basically any infinite number of fantastic worlds connected by portals. I'm planning on keeping the individual worlds small, maybe a small continent for the largest. It gives me a modularity and room for expansion that I think will be really useful.

Bill

catsclaw227

First Post
Jonathan Moyer said:
What I'd also like to do is just develop a bare bones starting town and work out from the there, building the world as I go.
Using the starting village/town from the 4e DMG, as well as the first series of WOTC adventures is going to be the starting place for many games. It will certainly provide a lot of common experience moments in a couple of years to come. Like 4e or not, this is a good thing for D&D in general. More fresh/new feeling common experiences.

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
Thanks Mike ;)

I too have had much success with Ray's Dungeoncraft articles, used in conjunction with World Builder's Guide (fav book ever, 2E, Richard Baker I think), and my own realms design and development articles (that were a spin-off from one of Ray's Dungeoncraft articles called Countrycraft).

Have always developed my own settings, and have used the one in my signature for many years. Check it out if you like (comments welcome). But might leave it alone for a little while and develop something smaller and new for 4e. I love getting those articles out and creating anew....just rolling lots of dice and see what comes up. I also have many GM tools to help such things...I love randomness.

Anyway, sounds good Mike. I would like to know more too.

Looks like most people are reimagining a new setting start for 4e so exciting times ahead for DMs and their groups I reckon. That is one of my favourite parts of being the DM - The Creation ;)

C

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads