• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4th Edition D&D

librarius_arcana

First Post
Based on one of the reasons for coming up and posting some of my house rules for 3.5

So how would you like to see 4th?
what would you add?
what would you change?

:D

Gundark

Explorer
Well I'll be the first to post yay! I've seen these threads before and they never seem to end well. There really just a few things that I want to see different with 4th ed.

I want faster NPC generation (ala Spycraft 2nd ed.). I want a tool kit something where I can put together what I want. I mean without a 3rd party program stating up higher NPCs is time consuming (I want a half dragon-elven cleric 5/Sorceror 7).

I want faster combats a higher levels. This may mean ditching hitpoints in favour for damage saves (some would argue that this isn't a good alt.). Or some other concept that has yet to be discovered.

You'll get lots of responses...but this is what I woud like

librarius_arcana

First Post
Gundark said:
Well I'll be the first to post yay! I've seen these threads before and they never seem to end well. There really just a few things that I want to see different with 4th ed.

I want faster NPC generation (ala Spycraft 2nd ed.). I want a tool kit something where I can put together what I want. I mean without a 3rd party program stating up higher NPCs is time consuming (I want a half dragon-elven cleric 5/Sorceror 7).

I want faster combats a higher levels. This may mean ditching hitpoints in favour for damage saves (some would argue that this isn't a good alt.). Or some other concept that has yet to be discovered.

You'll get lots of responses...but this is what I woud like

I think the system has got to be more streamlined it's very heavy on detail and effort,
something you don't seem to get alot of return on

Btw nice quotes :)

Nomad4life

First Post
Instead of groaning about “not another 4E thread!” I’m actually going to respond to this one by saying that I’ve already got my copy of 4E.

What I mean is, I would “fix” 3.5 by removing all the unnecessary/cumbersome stuff and improving all the cool stuff that makes the game fun.

Which is another way of saying that I would make it exactly like C&C or True20.

So you see, as far as I am concerned, the wait is already over.

helium3

First Post
I for one would like to see the DM telepathically linked to a world-wide database of game information. It would vastly simplify the process of setting up games, as I could simply download all the relevant information to the appropriate regions of my cortex. Wizards, corporate sellouts that they are, will probably go with the CCG model.

librarius_arcana

First Post
Nomad4life said:
Instead of groaning about “not another 4E thread!” I’m actually going to respond to this one by saying that I’ve already got my copy of 4E.

What I mean is, I would “fix” 3.5 by removing all the unnecessary/cumbersome stuff and improving all the cool stuff that makes the game fun.

Which is another way of saying that I would make it exactly like C&C or True20.

So you see, as far as I am concerned, the wait is already over.

Bingo :D ,

you can be my friend ;)

librarius_arcana

First Post
helium3 said:
I for one would like to see the DM telepathically linked to a world-wide database of game information. It would vastly simplify the process of setting up games, as I could simply download all the relevant information to the appropriate regions of my cortex. Wizards, corporate sellouts that they are, will probably go with the CCG model.

Yeah and I'd like to sell two dvd racks on ebay so I can buy a box of albino monkeys, and teach them to eat clowns

Can't stand clowns

or mimes

"Shudder"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads