4th Edition Noble Multiclass

Jraynack

Explorer
This is a great idea. I'll definitely be picking this up. The idea of "bloodlines" as power source, particularly for a multiclass, seems to have a lot of potential. Hmmm... perhaps this plus FR's spellscarred is the way to duplicate Birthright?

Though I never played Birthright, I hovered along its borders since it came out way back when. I think this use of the multiclass system has a lot of potential as well.

For me, I view it as a tool to express something inherit or earned by a character that is not specific to a particular class. You can even use this as a template to creature individualistic noble families, which we plan to do with the Feudal Lords Campaign. Each family might have a few powers unique only to them, etc.

Also - I want to add something as well - we are including printer friendly power cards for each of the 38 powers. You can put them in card sleeves and use them right along with any other power cards coming out or already obtained. Plus, it saves a lot of work on your end if you wanted to do that yourself.

Have a good one.

Ethalias

First Post
I'm looking forward to taking a look at this. I agree with everything that's been said, I nifty use of the multiclass rules; one which has a lot of potential for further expansion.

Bravo!

Kwalish Kid

Explorer
I too want to add that this looks like it could be an excellent addition to the game. It should open a lot of doors for players who want to be royalty and the DMs who have to manage them!

DerekSTheRed

Explorer
As a fan of Birthright I think this would be great. I plan on running a 4E Birthright campaign some day and I look forward to stealing liberally from this book.

Goemoe

Explorer
Well this is interesting, especially for our Eberron campaign with all the noble and dragonmarked houses. Do you have any idea how to get your product to good old germany? ;)

Jraynack

Explorer
Well this is interesting, especially for our Eberron campaign with all the noble and dragonmarked houses. Do you have any idea how to get your product to good old germany? ;)

Well, we publish .pdfs - which this product is - so you can download it to your computer from RPGNow.com or DriveThru on the release date.

Now, though I have several years of German under my belt and recently visited the country, the product is in English. My translating skills are a little rusty :blush:.

Goemoe

Explorer
Don't worry, roughly 80% of all rpg rules I bought over the last 20 years have been in english. I even use the 4E core rules in english. I am looking forward to download a .pdf in a few days then :)

Last edited:

Arawn76

Explorer
Damn I was thinking of using the Spellscarred as my template for Birthright bloodlines.

But having just read your Anthropophagi book I'll see how this maps out first.

If this is as good.......

You sir may just have gained a lifetime customer, ;)

I look forward to the Feudal Lords Campaign setting.

Jraynack

Explorer
Damn I was thinking of using the Spellscarred as my template for Birthright bloodlines.

But having just read your Anthropophagi book I'll see how this maps out first.

If this is as good.......

You sir may just have gained a lifetime customer, ;)

I look forward to the Feudal Lords Campaign setting.

Well, you're certainly raising the bar for me - but that's what we like to do around here.

I am glad you like the Anthropohagi as well.

As for the Feudal Lords, well, I am enthusiastic. The restrictions of the GSL forced us to think even further outside the box and it proved very rewarding.

The last hurdle we are working on for the campaign guide is noble titles (benefits, land, income) - we've made it over the hurdle and just organizing and laying out the title benefits. We will preview it as soon as we are done finalizing that section - I cannot wait to show it off, because it works perfectly with the elements of 4th Edition.

You will be able to have a campaign with players roleplaying lowly esquires and knights up to archdukes and kings without upsetting game balance. It is very exciting.

Remove ads