D&D 5E 5E A Bard's Tale [Recruiting]

Trogdor1992

First Post
Primordial, and likely celestial would be pretty useless, and abyssal/infernal wouldn't be super commonly used.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using Tapatalk

tglassy

Adventurer
I assume Halfling and Gnome wouldn't be good either, since they aren't in this campaign setting.

Then there's Deep Speech and Undercommon...I guess I'm just trying to see what we'll be going up against, lol.

Trogdor1992

First Post
Halfling no, but Gnome could be useful, as there are gnomes, but they're evil and tribal, where goblins are good and civilised.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using Tapatalk

tglassy

Adventurer
I may or may not have decided to take the Linguist Feat instead of Observant, because I feel Gavin would have learned many of these languages both in his noble education, and while traveling the world. And I like the idea of creating ciphers only my group can read. Just trying to figure out all those extra languages, since I can know Common, Elvish, and four extras (one for race and three for the feat).

I know i can use Comprehend Languages or Tongues, but those take up valuable spells known, and cost spell slots. I still might take Comprehend Languages, but I don't need both.

tglassy

Adventurer
I'm just about done with my character.

I chose Teleportation Circle as one of my fifth level spells, and it says when I learn it, I learn the sigil sequences for two permanent teleportation circles somewhere on the Material Plane, but that the DM decides where they go. You don't have to tell me now, but when we start playing, I'll need to know where those circles are. Just FYI.

Remove ads