D&D 5E 5e CB's Stonefast OOC -- COMPLETE

Rabbage

First Post
Just a note on Guidance... it doesn't really matter right now since we could have easily performed those actions consecutively, but it is a Concentration based spell, so only one instance of it can be active at any given time.

Yeah I basically had the same mindset, given we had 10 minutes to kill it could have been doled out as we looked things over.

And I guess we could all make note of our passive perception. It says it may come up if the dm doesn't want us to roll on detecting a monster or trap of some sort.

Meriene has a passive perception(wisdom) of 15.

Forged Fury said:
Just a note on Guidance... it doesn't really matter right now since we could have easily performed those actions consecutively, but it is a Concentration based spell, so only one instance of it can be active at any given time.
We're not on initiative.

Forged Fury

First Post
We're not on initiative.
Understood. But even outside initiative, you can only have one going at a time. As was mentioned, it probably isn't important right now since we had plenty of time to do all of those different tasks, but there might be a task in the future where more than one of us have to roll at the same time. In that situation, only one character could benefit from Guidance. I figured I'd mention it since we're testing out the ruleset and, as I understand it, concentration is a very important balancing aspect of spellcasting.

We're testing out rules, yes, but this one was a carryover from 3.x. Maybe save your Qs for things that aren't carryovers?

I don't know about you guys, but so far the main difference I spot between 3.x and 5e is skill checks. How was character creation, comparatively? Less intense than 3.x?

Forged Fury

First Post
OK. I just noticed that concentration applies to a lot more spells now than it did in 3.X and the description wasn't matching the mechanic, so I figured I'd point it out.

I thought Character Creation was much easier and quicker, IMO. I think the biggest change is going to be skills and bounded accuracy.

Map Question: As I understand it, we're heading south into the complex. Is that correct? It looks like there is another door to our northeast outside? Ah, I got it. I think I thought the two doors were double doors rather than separate entrances. Were there runes on the door that had been torn off? I wonder if they said the same thing.

Last edited:

Forged Fury

First Post
But it happens so infrequently I don't see the point.

I guess it depends on the situation. Hiding, lighting conditions, armor types, excessive range, etc. all can grant advantage or disadvantage. I think it's an interesting approach to avoid the bonus/penalty stacking of previous editions. I guess we'll see how it plays out.

Rabbage

First Post
I am going to agree with Fulgrim in that it does seem to be a more important balance of the Magic system and in the future i'll keep a tighter grasp on it. Best play things as written before we throw certain things out the window eh? Now further into the breach my friends!

Remove ads