• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E 5e Monster Conversions

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
http://connorscampaigns.wikidot.com/d-d-creatures

That is the **Creature Page** for our D&D 5E stuff. Creatures done are attached under Files (at bottom) as Word docs.

I have been converting for:
1. AD&D: A1: Slavers of the Undercity (but set in fantasy Dark Age England, where the antagonists are half-orc Anglo-Saxons - but what is there would work for any half-orcs).
2. Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords.

Guyanthalas

First Post
Here you go.

Again, warning- NSFW monster (including illustration) included.

Thanks! I was a huge fan of your 4e monster project. :)

Are you just using the DMG rules as an outline for monster creation? Any other references you used?
I looked at doing some conversions, but found the rules a bit... lacking? Maybe I just don't have the head for such things. And I'm absolutely terrified of making anything with spells or class levels. :D

Magistus71

Explorer
http://connorscampaigns.wikidot.com/d-d-creatures

That is the **Creature Page** for our D&D 5E stuff. Creatures done are attached under Files (at bottom) as Word docs.

I have been converting for:
1. AD&D: A1: Slavers of the Undercity (but set in fantasy Dark Age England, where the antagonists are half-orc Anglo-Saxons - but what is there would work for any half-orcs).
2. Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords.

Thank you.

the Jester

Legend
Thanks! I was a huge fan of your 4e monster project. :)

Are you just using the DMG rules as an outline for monster creation? Any other references you used?

I'm using it to rate CRs after doing what I would term "naturalistic" conversions- conversions done based on the monster's history in D&D without too much regard for CR until I'm rating them. There has been I think one time when I went back and revised the numbers to adjust the CR to be closer to the monster's traditional difficulty level (CR, level, whatever, depending on the edition), but I can't even recall off hand which monster it was!

graven13

First Post
Which ones ya looking for?

I want to play the old B/X modules, but using 5e rules. I'm starting with the B series. Here are a few monsters that I've found so far that have not been included in the 5E Monster Manual.

B4 Module

• Killer Bees
• Giant Lizard: Gecko
• Cave Locust
• Ferret, Giant
• Gnome
• Giant Lizard: Draco
• Snake: Pit Viper
• Oil Beetles
• White Apes
• Giant Shrews
• Rock Baboons