• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E 5e Monster Conversions

Magistus71

Explorer
Is there a central location of previous monsters that have been converted to 5e? I know I can search and see if someone has shred it on the forum, but I may not be searching for a specific monster, I would like to just see what is available.

Tormyr

Hero
Unfortunately I don't know of any repository like that. There have been a few monsters posted on the forums, and there may be a few in the Downloads section.

I have converted dozens of monsters with full stat blocks. Stuff like allip, morhg, ulgurstata, spawn of Kyuss, wind warrior, mad slasher, etc. Recently I changed tactics because the full stat blocks take too much time. Most of the time now I take the closest monster I can find out of the MM and change one or two iconic things about it that make it unique. This goes much faster and still gives me the results I want. Ari's Monster Sorter goes a long way toward quickly finding a monster that is close to what I want.

Quickleaf

Legend
Is there a central location of previous monsters that have been converted to 5e? I know I can search and see if someone has shred it on the forum, but I may not be searching for a specific monster, I would like to just see what is available.
You mean like this? http://www.enworld.org/forum/5emonsters/browsecategory.php?c=1

Only 3 pages so far, but some good conversion work. I detest data entry so I have my own threads for monsters conversions for Planescape & pirate-theme stuff.

Sacrosanct

Legend
We have an actual forum for this such thing here.

And back in September, I did a whole bunch 1 page monster pages here where I took requests. Of course, this was before the DMG, so while they are perfectly workable, they don't always fit the DMG guidelines.

Remove ads