D&D 5E [5e] The Lichway - Old School Dungeon with new school rules.

Axel

First Post
Wow, you guys are putting way more thought into this than I was planning too! A general sketch for my elven bard will be an entertainer who came looking for a man his father knew (100+ years ago...) amongst the Sandlanders. He is surprised to find they are gone, and decided to pay his respects to the family.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[MENTION=80003]Brother Dave[/MENTION], give the amnesicac warlock a shot :) I'll do my own version so we can compare...

Just to recap we have :
gnome priest (full caster / ranged?)
human fighter (melee)
sorcerer (full caster, ranged)
rogue (melee?)

warlock? melee / ranged controller
OR
paladin of the church? - I really have to find some program / resources to read upon...I'll let you know weekend(ish)

Last edited:

sithramir

First Post
If there is room then let me know what your final thoughts are on class and I can fill in. I like bards, wizards, paladins typically

Neurotic

Play whatever you'd like to play. Exactly having every role in the party is less important. I've played in 4e in the party of various controllers and one healer. The fights were slow due to small damage output, but we could survive despite our low hp count because monsters were hampered by 5 controllers imposing conditions from slow over daze to full stun.

We'll manage.

Dr Simon

Explorer
[MENTION=12183]sithramir[/MENTION], I'm sure we can find room - any class/race is fine. 5e has taken a step back from the 4e style roles that Neurotic mentions (or, at least has moved them from explicit to implicit); also although this is an old school dungeon it's a well designed one so there's room for RP and interaction, not just traps 'n' fights.

sithramir

First Post
I'm going to pull out my human Bard Mistral to use. He uses heavy armour/shield/sword with college of valor and has feat for hex to help melee damage. He won't have any medium armor/shield til level 3 when he's proficient though so he'll be a light armour/rapier user for now.

Neurotic

[MENTION=21938]Dr Simon[/MENTION], is variant human (one with the feat) allowed? In general, how many feats are available in 5e? In 4th, there were plenty, in 3.x only seven (except for fighters)...

I'm leaining toward half-elf (due to low ligh vision :) )...

How about:
half-elf, warlock, lucky (or resilient) feat - which explains his survival, sailor background - he's the one who drove the boat to and from the Lichway...Charon like :)
Amnesiac, no idea who, what, where or when it is.
He is the last living warden of the Lichway - unless he's actually dead warden come back to life :)

I'll flesh it out over to following days.

Not sure I understand what proficiency in saving throws means...only difference is that I'm applying +2 to those saves...same for skills? So with equal level, I'm as good at athletics as the best of thieves?

Remove ads