5E War of the Burning Sky [IC]

Matthan

Explorer
Caleb nodded quickly, "The last time Ragesia invaded us, my father served in the resistance against Coaltongue. I love this city and I want to help Gate Pass. It's in my blood. I want to defeat Ragesia. But I need to get out of this city. I'm with you. I am more useful to Gate Pass at Lyceum than I am here. Lets go meet Mr. Badgerface, get this case, and find a way out of this city. We can swim through the sewers, dress up like soldiers, or steal some griffons from the guard for all I care. We just need to move. The whole city is celebrating. We'll never have a better opportunity to sneak out."

Schmoe

Adventurer
After thinking it over for a moment, Kincaid says to Torrent, "Well, I agree, this case does sound important. Please allow me to assist you in securing it's passage to Lyceum. Unfortunately I'm not aware of any secret or safe means to escape the city, but I'll try to help in whatever way I can."

Sezarious

Explorer
Kyrrie nods to Torrent solemnly. "I go where you go Torrent, so long as you'll have me. And any chance to strike back at those...." Kyrrie clenches his teeth as he whispers angrily, "Bastards", back to normal, he continues, "Will be worth it after all they've done". Kyrrie looks down at the table again for a moment, then moves away to check his sword, drawing it and chevking its sharpness.... Checking his hand axes, his bow and arrows, making sure his belts are correctly strapped on as conversation continues.

Matthan

Explorer
Caleb's eyes go a little wide as Kyrrie sorts through the litany of weapons that he carries then leans toward the imposing man and whispers, "Let's hope you don't have to use those tonight, eh? But...umm...if we do run into any trouble, I'm going to stand behind you if that's all right. I don't want to get in your way or anything."

Turning to Torrent, he said, "I appreciate the drink and may all of our dreams of a defeated Ragesia come true this new year, but don't you think we should be moving?"

Sezarious

Explorer
Little to Caleb's knowledge, despite his view of Kyrrie as an imposing man, Kyrrie was in fact younger than him! But there was a distinct difference in their upbringing, Kyrrie, being raised originally on a farm, trained by his father in all aspects of combat and in a variety of tasks tied to farming and living off the land. He had a healthy tan, thick black hair and when he wasn't growing his beard, he rapidly developed stubble. He had shaved again this morning, the stubble already quite strong.

Kyrrie's physique spoke volumes for his upbringing. He was muscular and fit, with a strong jawline, a hard, unforgiving brow and a strong, deep voice.

At Caleb's comment, Kyrrie's eyes flicker up as if he were brought out of a daze. Without realising, perhaps he had appeared a little too aggressive to his new companions? He remembers when his father used to kit up with sword, bow and handaxe in the past. He was once a very imposing figure... Kyrrie smiled back at the man, "I don't believe it likely my friend, but if I do and you require my shield, as my father would have said 'Unity is strength, division is weakness'. As for these-" He points to the different weapons in his possession, "A different tool for every situation! The bow I use primarily for quiet long distance strikes, mainly when hunting wild game. The handaxes though..."

He takes one out again and tosses it lightly up in the air, catching it before looking back. "Well, they're a nice versatile throwable weapon that I am far more accurate with at short range..." With that he smiles as he puts his weapon away.

Last edited:

SuperZero

First Post
"Well," said Torrent, "I do have a plan for heading towards the Lyceum without pursuit. The way things piled up here was somewhat unanticipated, so I wasn't as entirely prepared for the getting out part because I didn't expect it to be difficult." She shrugged sheepishly, looking apologetic.

She patted the bag at her hip again. "But once we're out, we stick to mountain paths... and then take the main road! The original main road, I mean. The old Elf Road through Innenotdar Forest. Maybe nobody's been able to figure out why the Fire Forest burns eternally, but people have gone in and out safely enough. As long as you're able to survive a forest fire, you can make it through. I don't have anything that'll let us go through the fire itself, but my mentor, Lee, is something of a potion master... What I have in this bag will let us endure ambient heat perfectly comfortably. As long as we stay on the path and don't go sticking our hands directly into open flame, it's no problem. And the Ragesians won't be prepared for it, I'm sure. So even if they see where we're going, they won't be able to follow. They'd have to go around if they want to pursue us, and our path will be far shorter than theirs."

She moved to the tables where her backpack, cloak, and shield lay and began putting them on. "I'm glad you're all eager to begin, but I do have a few more things to share about this meeting. Badgerface isn't actually a Resistance spy, he works for the Lyceum itself. His contact was a human named Perrin... who we found dead a few days ago. She was killed by arrows. We suspect the Shahalesti, but it could be Ragesians or someone else entirely. One of our priests had a scroll that let him ask the corpse some questions, which is how we know the place and time of the meeting. I've been in contact with Lee, so he knows we're meeting with Badgerface in her stead--but he doesn't. It shouldn't be a problem since I can prove my connection to Lee, but be prepared for it.
"Now, for where we're headed... Are you all familiar with the big depository? You need to go there during business hours to open an account, but once you have one it's open 24 hours. But nobody actually goes there at night, and they don't even bother keeping it lit. Good place for a private meeting, if everybody involved has an account. Perrin did, Badgerface does... and I do. So they'll just let us in, easy enough."

Torrent stopped as she was fastening her cloak, tilting her head and looking confused. "What's that sound?" she said, half to herself. There was a distant, repetitive noise, a kind of soft thumping. "Is that fireworks?" She smiled. "I thought they wouldn't have them with the... well, you know. That's nice! I guess that means it's midnight, then."

Sezarious

Explorer
Kyrrie smiles and nods at Torrent, strapping his own shield to his arm in preparation. He turns to his new companions with a smile. "Well, I suppose now is the time to begin bonding as teammates haha!" With that, he motions to Torrent a willingness to quietly peak through to the exit and check the coast is clear to head out. "I hope the guy who didn't make it hasn't run into any trouble...." He thinks quietly to himself, a solemn and gloomy thought on a cold night...

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Davaros nods at Kyrrie and says "Aye, let us be on our way". He grabs his backpack, readjusts his belongings and weaponry, and within a few seconds, is ready for anything.

GreenKarl

First Post
Toby hops drown from his chair, dons his hat and re-tightens his scarf. Nodding his head he adds "I am more then ready to go my lady..." While he waits he makes sure his arrow rig is lose in case he needs quick access. He carries his shortbow tucked under his arm...

Matthan

Explorer
Caleb nodded at Kyrrie. "Master Gabal has a saying that's always stuck with me too. He says that a good mage fights and dies beside his allies, but a great mage saves everyone's lives from behind the lines."

He gathered himself as he stood, "I've always wanted to see the inside of the Depository. Let's be off."

Remove ads