6 Star Wars DVD releases coming this fall.

Dark Jezter

First Post
Apologies to Henry for creating a Star Wars thread, but considering that there are only a few of them that are still active, I though it'd be okay to post this one.

theforce.net said:
According to sources for ComingSoon.Net, we'll be seeing 6 different Star Wars DVD releases on November 1st of this year. It looks like you can buy the final movie separately, buy the prequels together or buy all six films in a complete set. Whether or not this is the "definitive release" of the complete saga is unknown, but we can sure hope for a pile of new extras. Here's the list we were given:

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (Widescreen) 11/1
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (Full Screen) 11/1
Star Wars Episodes I-III (Widescreen) 11/1
Star Wars Episodes I-III (Full Screen) 11/1
Star Wars Episodes I-VI (Widescreen) 11/1
Star Wars Episodes I-VI (Full Screen) 11/1

Source: http://www.theforce.net/topstory/story/6_Star_Wars_DVDs_in_the_Fall_93105.asp

Since I already have Episodes I, II, IV, V, and VI on DVD, the only one of these I'll probably be picking up is Episode III. I wonder if the Episode I-III DVD box set will contain any new features that weren't included with the previous DVD releases, or if they'll just be the same movies sold together (considering that the both of prequel DVDs already have their own 2nd disc devoted to extras).

Also, I wonder when Clone Wars Volume 2 will be out on DVD. I'm surprised it wasn't on the list.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Makes me glad I didn't purchase the IV-VI boxed set that's been out a while now. I new that double dipping opportunities were too good to pass.

Now if only Kill Bill would come out in that collector's edition I know they're waiting on.

LightPhoenix

First Post
JoeGKushner said:
Now if only Kill Bill would come out in that collector's edition I know they're waiting on.

[THREADJACK] I watched Kill Bill last night and was wondering the same thing. [/THREADJACK]

Since I have no real desire to own Ep. I or II, and I did get the box set for IV-VI, I'll probably getting just Ep. III. That said, I'm all for options. If you already have the original box set, you can just get the prequel box set. Or, if you only like one movie, you can just get the one. I don't really see this as double dipping. In fact, I see the Kill Bill set as double dipping more than this, since the DVDs have been out a while now.

Dark Jezter

First Post
I wonder if in 2007, we'll be seeing a 6-movie Star Wars high-definition DVD box set to celebrate Star Wars 30th Anniversary (if HDDVD is out by then, that is).

Should be interesting to see what happens. :)

reveal

Adventurer
Dark Jezter said:
I wonder if in 2007, we'll be seeing a 6-movie Star Wars high-definition DVD box set to celebrate Star Wars 30th Anniversary (if HDDVD is out by then, that is).

Should be interesting to see what happens. :)

In 2007, all actors will be digitally replaced with Ewoks so Lucas can finally attain his "true vision" of Star Wars.

Dark Jezter

First Post
reveal said:
In 2007, all actors will be digitally replaced with Ewoks so Lucas can finally attain his "true vision" of Star Wars.
You know, I almost hope that comes true. It'd be fun watching all of the rabid Lucas-haters on the web have a simultanous brain hemmorage. :)

reveal

Adventurer
Dark Jezter said:
You know, I almost hope that comes true. It'd be fun watching all of the rabid Lucas-haters on the web have a simultanous brain hemmorage. :)

*ahem* F*** George Lucas and the tauntaun he rode in on! ;)

KenM

Banned
Banned
reveal said:

You sir, are totally wrong about this. It will be Gungans, not Ewoks. ;)

Kai Lord

Hero
Dark Jezter said:
You forgot that they'll also be in 3D. :cool: Which may not even be that far off. Lucas announced at that little 3D panel he attended with James Cameron and Robert Rodriguez that the original Star Wars will be converted to 3D and released theatrically in 2007 (the 30th anniversary) with each succeeding film to follow each year after. That should be interesting.

As far as the DVD's go, I really don't care about box sets that are nothing more than the movies all in one box. I'm glad I've already gotten to enjoy the original trilogy box set and the first two episodes on DVD. I'll be picking up Episode III and adding it to the collection.

Though a box set with this fan art is certainly tempting: http://www.rixgrafix.com/

Absolutely amazing.

Remove ads