6 Star Wars DVD releases coming this fall.

I'm probably just going to buy the Ep. III disc, I just picked up Ep I and the first season of Clone Wars only a week ago! I'm also wondering about Season 2 of Clone Wars.

If, big if, Lucas makes yet another Double Extra Special Edition change, then I might buy them if Han goes back to shooting first, he inserts the Anakin/Greedo streetfight back into Episode I, and he digitally fixes the rank insignia costuming blooper in RotJ (he's gotta be able to do that digitally by now!).

ForceUser

Explorer
I would buy the 6-DVD set, but one thing bothers me so much that I couldn't possibly own the re-released Episode IV.

Han shot first, dammit.

KenM

Banned
Banned
Datt said:
I really can't think of anything Lucas could add in that would make me want to go and buy another set of DVDs in 2007. Even if they are HDDVD.

How about if GL puts out the ultimate set in 2007 with 4-6 as they orginally were in the theater with all the special edtion stuff taken out, to preserve the classic look of them. ;)

KenM

Banned
Banned
ForceUser said:
I would buy the 6-DVD set, but one thing bothers me so much that I couldn't possibly own the re-released Episode IV.

Han shot first, dammit.

Accually on the DVD relase of IV last year they change it so Han/ Greedo both shoot at aboththe same time. Its better then the theactical cut, IMO.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Fenris said:
Yeah, I am waiting for the one big pack to come out, but then I don't have any of the movies on DVD yet.
Yep. I've been waiting for this since they announced they were making Ep. 1.

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
Datt said:
I haven't bought any of the prequels on DVD knowing this day would come. I already own the box set of Iv-VI so that will complete my collection. And I really can't think of anything Lucas could add in that would make me want to go and buy another set of DVDs in 2007. Even if they are HDDVD.

I personally suspect Lucas will release an HDDVD edition, wait a couple of years, and then release an HDDVD edition that doesn't have any of the edits (ie Han will shoot first). Then he'll wait a bit more and release an HDDVD edition without the edits, but with commentary.

That should suck the last money out of our wallets.

ForceUser

Explorer
KenM said:
Accually on the DVD relase of IV last year they change it so Han/ Greedo both shoot at aboththe same time. Its better then the theactical cut, IMO.
Bah. Han shot, Greedo died. End of story! :lol:

KenM

Banned
Banned
BiggusGeekus said:
I personally suspect Lucas will release an HDDVD edition, wait a couple of years, and then release an HDDVD edition that doesn't have any of the edits (ie Han will shoot first). Then he'll wait a bit more and release an HDDVD edition without the edits, but with commentary.

That should suck the last money out of our wallets.

By then, there will be a new format to replace DVD, so Lucas can do it all over again.

Remove ads