• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

7000 Prestige classes oh my...

Mercule

Adventurer
The Shaman said:
Did anyone else gasp audibly when they read that?

Nope. I stopped indexing feats after Complete Divine. Using only WotC books, and not even all of those (3.5 only, IIRC, and I own nothing FR-related), I had 660+ feats listed. I'm sure that's more than doubled, maybe trebled since then (2 more class books, Eberron, "Races of" books, Draconomicon and its ilk, and throw in the FR stuff). And I'd expect PrCs to be 1/2 to 2/3 of that, based on the trends I saw.

I have no problem believing that WotC has publish over 1000 PrCs for D&D/d20 fantasy. Throw in 3rd party PrCs, and you might actually be able to get to the 7,000 PrCs in the thread title.

fl8m

First Post
wow, thanks for all he info. when i run my game i'll definately be hand picking which Prestige Classes i'll allow. with 7000 of them out there i can see how it would be easy to blindside a DM with some strange and terrifying new class :)

Durandal

First Post
If you're interested, I just finished updating my Excel sheet of PrCs and sources, though that's basically all it is. It comes to 1740 PrCs from ~165 sources. PM or e-mail me, I guess.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads