8 years ago, the world ended... [4e]

Zweischneid

First Post
Benedict, Vigil of the forgotten god
Male Half-elf Paladin 2

"You might as well stand up and fight with us. If you run now and the line breaks and you will only die short of breath!"

Before the world ended.
Noone speaks of it these days. But before the world ended, there was a god of spring and bountiful creation. A god of beauty, of creation and the arts. A patron to all life, vitality and creativity. He seeded the world, planted the first trees and created life to populate his creation. He tought them the arts and music. He encouraged his children to enjoy lives fulll of joy and passion, tempered by virtue, benevolence and wisdoms passed down through the generations. In the world that was, the temples to his honor were both common and magnificent. And among his many devot acolytes was a young Half-elf by the name of Benedict, living a quiet but content life administering the clerical routines of a major temple and pursuing ancient wisdoms in study and meditation.

Than the world ended.
In search for shelter, protection and most of all hope in the apocalypse. Men, women and children sought out the temples that survived the initial quakes and fires. But even in the edifices of the greatest and most benevolent diety of the world that has been, there was no sanctuary. Servants of peace, the priests and temple servants could offer no protection. Seeing unspeakable horrors from the darkest places invade and defile holy places, seeing helpless devotees and people slaughtered brutally for no reason in particular, the young Half-elf Benedict, simple servant to a god of peace and life acted with instincts he didn't know he possessed. Armored in the white silken vestments of a temple acolyte and armed with a heavy brass censer, Benedict began to fight.

8 years passed.
If anyone were still alive who had known the young temple servant to the god noone would name these days, they wouldn't recognize him in the cynical warrior named Benedict. Clad in an assortment of looted armour, spiked, scarred and jagged, wiedling a notched blade and a shield so tarnished noone has seen it's crest in years, Benedict is known an respected for his courage and fighting prowess. Benedict cares little for his appearance. His long dark hair is uncut and hangs to his shoulders, his is face grimy and he's usually carrying new patches and bandages over fresh cuts. Unbeknownst to all but his closest comrades, he carries a symbol of the old faith below the armour he wears like a second skin. But just as his symbol his hidden below layers of leather and steel, so his is faith hidden below layers of cynism and a grim sense of humour.

The future?
At night, sometimes, when Benedict wakes from his short restless sleep where dreams of innocents slaughtered and darker things haunt him, he views the old, marred holy symbol and imagines himself to be again a simple acolyte. Old now, but wearing again a spotlessly white silken vestment and teaching young people about the joys of life and creation.

[sblock=Abilities]
Code:
[U]Ability scores[/U]
Strength     : [B]16 (+3)[/B]     Hit points : [B]42[/B]
Constitution : [B]16 (+3)[/B]     Bloodied   : [B]21[/B] 
Dexterity    : [B]10 [/B]         Surges     : [B]10[/B]
Intelligence : [B]09 (-1)[/B]     Surges/day : [B]13[/B]     
Wisdom       : [B]14 (+2) [/B]    Initiative : [B]-[/B]
Charisma     : [B]16 (+3) [/B]     

[U]Defenses:[/U]
Armour class : [B]21[/B]
Fortitude    : [B]15[/B] 
Reflex       : [B]12[/B] 
Will         : [B]15[/B]

[U]Skills[/U]
Diplomacy (Cha): [B]+ 6[/B] (+2 racial bonus) 
Endurance (Con): [B]+ 9[/B] (trained)
Heal      (Wis): [B]+ 8[/B] (trained)
Insight   (Wis): [B]+ 5[/B] (+2 racial bonus)  
Intimidate(Cha): [b]+ 9[/B] (trained)
Religion  (Int): [b]+ 5[/B] (trained)
Languages:
Common, Draconic, Elven

Feats
Action Surge, Toughness

Weapon Proficiency:
Simple melee, military melee, simple ranged

Size: Medium
Speed: 6 squares (5 in armour)
Vision: Low-light[/sblock][sblock=Powers]Basic attack
Longsword
:bmelee: Standard action, Attack: +7 vs. AC; Damage: 1d8 +3
At-will:
Divine challenge (Class feature)
:close: Minor action; Close burst 5
--- Challenge target ----

Bolstering Strike (Class)
:melee: Standard action, Attack: +7 vs. AC; Damage: 1d8 +3
--- +2 temp. hit point ---

Enfeebling Strike (Class)
--- if marked, -2 penalty until next turn ---
Encounter:
Piercing Smite (Class)
:melee: Standard action, Attack: +7 vs. Reflex; Damage: 1d8 +3
--- target and up to 2 enemies adjacent are marked ---

Tide of Iron (Half elf dilettante)
--- push target 1 square, option to shift into square ---

Channel divinity: Divine mettle or divine strenght (Class feature)
Minor action, special​
Daily:
Lay on hands (Class feature, 2/day)
:melee: Minor action, Melee touch
--- spend own healing surge for ally ----

On Pain of Death (Class)
:ranged: Standard action, Attack: +4 vs. Will; Damage: 3d8 +3
--- 1d8 damage after trying to attack (save ends) ---
Utility:
Martyr's Blessing
:close: Immediate Interrupt, Close burst 1
---Benedict hit by an attack instead of ally ---​
[/sblock][sblock=Equipment]
Code:
[U]Currency:[/U] 

[U]Equipment           Price    Weight    Other[/U]
Plate armour        50 gp    50 lb.    Heavy armour
Heavy shield        10 gp    15 lb. 
Longsword           15 gp     4 lb.    Versatile

Holy Symbol         10 gp     1 lb. 

Adventurer's kit    13 gp    32 lb.    
  Backpack           2 gp     2 lb.
  Bedroll            1 sp     5 lb.
  Flint & Steel      1 gp      -
  Pouch, belt        1 gp   1/2 lb.
  Rations, trail     5 gp    10 lb.    10 days
  Rope, hemp         1 gp    10 lb.    50 ft.
  Sunrod (1)         2 gp     1 lb.   
  Waterskin          1 gp     4 lb.      

Climber's kit        2 gp    11 lb.    +2 for climbing    
  Grappling hook     1 gp     4 lb.
  Hammer             5 sp     2 lb.
  Pitons (10)        5 sp     5 lb. 

[B]Total              100 gp   113 lb.[/B]

Normal load:    160 lb.
Heavy load:     320 lb.
Max. drag load: 800 lb.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

SarahRequiem

First Post
what can I say? I liked the character when I read the background :p

and I like how you made your sheet. It's so clear and easy to find what you need.

so, I guess we have our team. I'll give you guys a few days to finalise your characters, or change anything you want. (actually, its mostly to give me time to work my stuff some more :p but shhhh, its a secret)

if you guys want to discuss about how your characters met each others and other details like that, that's the time. But you just need to remember that you will start togheter, so maybe you spent some years togheter, or maybe just a few days. It will start in an underground hideout under a large city, regrouping only 2 dozens of survivors or so only.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Question: We using DMG rules on equipment post 1st (1 magic item of level, level -1, level+1 and gold equalling one item of level -1)?

SarahRequiem

First Post
nope. standard 1st lv 100gp.

starting off with 1500gp worth of magic toys kindda defeat the "we're fighting for survival in a dead world" idea in my opinion.

also, when making your character sheets, I would appreaciate you include the basic stats along with your powers. ie:

Eldritch Blast, range 10
+4 vs Reflex
hit: 1d10+4

or however you want.

Remove ads