• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

9th Circle Heist Chapter I - From Plague Mort to Smaragd

G

Guest 11456

Klassandra Doomrunner : Female Dwarf Lich Cleric 11

Klassandra graciously accepts the offered drink and smiles with her leathery skin draped across her rotting teeth. She nods at Tharirmun's mention of the groups reputation.

"That is correct. What have you for us?"

She takes a sip of the wine and smiles once more.

Shayuri

First Post
There were problems to working in groups, Thorn mused as she watched everyone, but it had its perks too. She didn't offer the demon lord sycophantic blandishments, nor even mendacious confirmation of what it obviously already knew...or they wouldn't have been invited. Nor did she sip the drink...not because she feared it's venom. She just wasn't fond of the stuff. It sizzled unpleasantly on the tongue.

Alone, she would have done all three...because they have to be done when one confronts an employer. But in a team, such unpleasant tasks could be delegated, leaving Thorn to deal with what she did best. The details.

She watched the room, therefore, and listened to this prospective employer's pitch.

Tharirmun seems pleased with you. "Not much of a rule, I am afraid.. but I never cared for managing .. creatures.."

The spider dome crawls around the room eerily, it's one good eyestalk waving and nodding at each of you.

"My passion is possession.. objects. Pretty things, important things.. but most especially..the powerful things."
he chuckles hollowly. It's kind of unpleasant.

"Good help is hard to find. After all, usually if you find some crew willing to go after a nice piece and theyre really good, well, half the time they may want to keep it for themselves. Thats been my curse, I suppose."

A fingerlike tendril or vein from the brain suddenly animates and glows slightly, writhing. Those of you who have spellcraft recognize the casting of a spell- silent image.

A small vista-like scene shimmers into existence in the center of the room. At first it seems like a framed picture of boiling red terrain as seen from above, but then it seems to pan down, closer and closer, and the 'view' angle shifts. It's a landscape- a hellish scene of craggy mountains and boiling red sky.

A shadowy halfling sized figure with coal black skin and curved horns is trying to crawl away down a sheer cliff above a raging lava waterfall. He is clutching an iron rod betopped by a bat-shape and a gleaming silver serpent winds its way down the rod.

The scene freezes and zooms in on the black-skinned demonoid clutching the rod.

"Thats the piece. The Scepter of Qawazu"

"The demon you see there was an employee of mine I sent to steal it, and he seems to have decided to keep it for himself."

"I detest having to pay twice for an item, but in this case, I will double what I was giving him, if you were to retrieve the piece and kill the thief. I suppose I am paying three times as much. Luckily I'd rather have that rod in my collection than the money. Alternately, you may have anything you like from my collection appraised at the same value as what I offer. And oh yes, I will pay up front."

Tharirmun chuckles and scuttles backwards slightly. "120,000 in gold. Or you can pick through my vault. My accountant will appraise any item you are interested in and deduct it from the reward money."

"I suppose the caveat is that if you betray me, I will hire even more hellions to track *you* down and I will likely end up paying 5 times as much again on top of it.."

Shayuri

First Post
Thorn grins as she studies the image.

A lot of money. A LOT. Danger...blood would flow. She couldn't help but shift in anticipation.

But it would be unseemly to accept in too much haste.

"What powers has this former servent of yours?" she asks. "And what powers the rod, for that matter? Your offer is intriguing, but we need some idea of what to expect."

Nephtys

First Post
Peter said:
And oh yes, I will pay up front."

Tharirmun chuckles and scuttles backwards slightly. "120,000 in gold. Or you can pick through my vault. My accountant will appraise any item you are interested in and deduct it from the reward money."

"I suppose the caveat is that if you betray me, I will hire even more hellions to track *you* down and I will likely end up paying 5 times as much again on top of it.."

Trust is such a rare virtue in the Abyss,
Avaniel smiles politely. He cannot be as foolish as he would make us believe...

"Since you seem to have the means to divine the thief's location can you not simply Planeshift and Teleport there? What prevents you from taking the Scepter yourself or, if you do not want to lower yourself to fighting such an insignificant foe, sending the strongest of your own minions to retrieve it?"

Last edited:

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
*Tharirmun only* [sblock]Oh Great mighty demon lord, what I really want is a promotion. can you make me a Gazebru? or somthin? Your not really sending us after this obscure thing are you? its another name for the scepter of Fraz' dont worry I wount tell anyone else.[/sblock]

**Where Is the thief now? Sigil?**
BoB stares and drools a little bit then looks around for more wine, chaseing ungainly after the dretch carring the tray.
*to Avaniel & Party* Don't mess up a good thing, this is a good deal. why should his minions get the reward and not us?**

Last edited:

Remove ads