A Brief Interlude

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The crowd passes by and the group takes the fight to big ape. Borric cuts into it thanks to the magic provided by Sylvian. It stays on it's feet even as a thick sludge of grease bursts from the cobblestones below it.

Zelena looks a little vexed her spell didn't cause the fall she wanted. And as she speaks of summoners everyone notices a shimmering light east of where the which stands. It consolidates and suddenly there stands another ape beating it's chest and then reaches out, swinging at the poor defenseless Sylvain. He nimbly dodges one meaty fist but is unable to get away from the other.

Borric only has time for a quick glance as two huge paws come his way as well. Borric's armor proves to not be as shoddy as the dwarf thought it was.

[sblock=Combat]
Posted in INIT order
Code:
[U]Character           AC  HP  InHand/Condition[/U]
Fury                18  25  sap/none
Zelena              19  26  shield/none
Sylvain             12  [COLOR=Orange]18[/COLOR]  none/none
Waltor              22  13  none/none
Borric              19  33  guisarme/none
[COLOR=Red]Ape[/COLOR]                 14  [COLOR=Orange]10[/COLOR]  none/none
[COLOR=Lime]Ape[/COLOR]                 14  19  none/none
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]I don't believe darkwood reduces the Spell Failure (15%) of Zelena's shield. It matters little in this case as the ape made it's save (see above post) and doesn't need to move to attack.

Everyone may now move normally as the crowd used their actions to get out of Dodge.[/sblock]

Attachments

• BI-rd2.jpg
    BI-rd2.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury was thinking escaped menagerie animal until the second appeared. He drops his sap and dives forward to engage the ape rolling to his feet, whipping out his rapier and lunging.

[sblock=Actions]
Free: drop sap
Move: to G6 w/Acrobatics to avoid AoO
Free: draw rapier
Standard: attack[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 2 / Bard 1
Initiative: +6 Perception: +6

AC: 18 (14 touch; 14 flat-footed)
HP: 25 Current: 25
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +1 Ref: +9 Will: +2

In Hand: sap[/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
Sylvain , stunned at being struck by the animal he had not noticed, took at step back to try to get outside of the animal's range. "Little help over here, please, Borric, urgkh" he gasps. Taken by a sudden bout of nausea, Syl begins retching and in some strange bit of voodoo, a swarm of spiders erupts forth, moving in the direction of the ape that had just struck him.

OOC: I know I skipped Zelena, but I have to be out the rest of today, so I hope its okay if I post now. Move Action-move to F10. Standard Action cast Vomit Swarm.

Songdragon

Explorer
[sblock=Bard Casting]HM... under the weapon and armor proficiency of the class, it does say, "...A bard can cast bard spells while wearing light armor and use a shield without incurring the normal arcane spell failure chance." Hence why Zelena got out of her scale armor when she took up the bard class, and why she wishes to find a mithral breastplate... [/sblock]
She raises her holy symbol, "Ral, I ask for your blessings against these summoned beasts and their creator!" A holy light washes over her companions and they can feel empowered. She then draws her blade and attempts to take a quick glimpse about for the summoner to stop this at its source.

Cast Bless (Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.)
Perception for the look see, 1d20+10=17

[sblock=Zelena's Status]Gnome Cleric 1/Bard 2
Initiative: +2 Perception: +10
Conditions: none
AC: 19 (13 touch; 17 flat-footed)
HP: 26 of 26
CMB: +0 CMD: 12 Fort: +4 Ref: +5 Will: +7
In Hand: none
Spells: Divine (0-level) Create Water, Detect Magic, Stablize; (1st level) Bless, Protection from Evil, Longstrider(d) (color notes a cast spell)
Arcane Spell Slots 0-level (at will) 1st level: 3 of 4 slots remaining (Grease, Silent Image, Vanish)
Channeling: 5 of 5 attempts remaining; Liberation: 1 of 1 attempts remaining; Agile Feet 5 of 5 attempts remaining [/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric grunts as the beast's blows ring off his breastplate. He admires the rogue's bravado as he helps gang up on the ape, but is disappointed that Fury's pig-sticker did not do more to stop the thing.

"Hang on, Syl for fook's sake. I am a bit busy here. Little help, Lass!"

[sblock=Actions]Edit: Zelena already posted. Can I use my last AoO roll this round? :angel:
Move Action:

Free Action:
Standard Action:[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 21 (19 without shield, 19 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 33 Current: 33
CMB: +6 CMD: 18 Fort: +5 Reflex: +3 Will: +2 (+3 vs. Fear)

Current Weapon in Hand: MWK Guisarme[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Subject Bard casting - Sorry Songdragon think I am getting my "allowed to cast arcane spells while in light armor" classes mixed up.

Subject Using previous rolls for up coming attack - Sorry but I don't allow for that on the grounds you know what the outcome will be and so it dictates your action. Knowing the roll ahead of time makes it so you don't use things like fighting defensively or power attack. If the AoO was a miss would you have said I should use it for this round's attack?(If you had I would have said no as well ;) fairs fair) Best to roll after you dictate the action.

Updating round next
- I will roll the Red Ape's attacks but if Borric kills it, of course then they will be disregarded. But updating map first so perrinmiller has time to post up a roll.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Zelena smiles as she watches Fury's acrobatic skills once more. Ever since that night at Master Jezz's farm he has improved by "leaps and bounds" for lack of a better term.

She then calls on the powers granted to her by Ral to bring this fight to a swift end. Glancing around she sees nobody that might be watching with an interest in this battle. Actually nobody is around and the streets look deserted. Broken crates, barrels and other smashed objects liter the ground around and behind both apes. The dwarven armorer is under his back tables as far from the fight as possible.

Sylvain backs up into Borric and then starts to get sick. But the warrior notices in slight disgust that it isn't lunch he is spewing on the street but hundreds of tiny spiders. They move to start crawling up the second ape as it approaches. It tries clawing and beating at them but to no avail they quickly start to cover the things legs and torso as they attack.

The pained look in the creatures eyes tells the story of their effectiveness. It roars in pain and brings both fist high over it's head before bring them down atop of the witch.

OCC: Will edit in fluff/rolls if red ape gets to attack.

[sblock=Combat]
Posted in INIT order
Code:
[U]Character           AC  HP  InHand/Condition[/U]
Fury                18  25  sap/[I][COLOR=Magenta]bless[/COLOR][/I]
Zelena              19  26  shield/[I][COLOR=Magenta]bless[/COLOR][/I]
Sylvain             12  [COLOR=Orange]11[/COLOR]  none/[I][COLOR=Magenta]bless[/COLOR][/I]
Waltor              22  13  none/[I][COLOR=Magenta]bless[/COLOR][/I]
Borric              19  33  guisarme/[I][COLOR=Magenta]bless[/COLOR][/I]
[COLOR=Red]Ape[/COLOR]                 14   [COLOR=Orange]6[/COLOR]  none/none
[COLOR=Lime]Ape[/COLOR]                 14  [COLOR=Orange]14[/COLOR]  none/[I][COLOR=YellowGreen]distracted[/COLOR][/I]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes] None for this round I think. Oh wait do you wish for Waltor to attack?[/sblock]

Attachments

• BI-rd3.jpg
    BI-rd3.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric slashes with the guisarme and cuts down the badly wounded ape in front of him. Then he maneuvers around the swarm to avoid it and get closer to the second ape.

"Ewwee. What the? Syl, you okay?"

OOC: Fury is up
[sblock=Actions]OOC: I had to ask since I was waiting on Zelena and Syl's results anyway. :p I would rule the same.
Standard Action: Attack red ape; Guisarme (1d20+8=22, 2d4+4=10)
Move Action: To H10 via G9
Free Action: Talking
[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 21 (19 without shield, 19 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 33 Current: 33
CMB: +6 CMD: 18 Fort: +5 Reflex: +3 Will: +2 (+3 vs. Fear)

Current Weapon in Hand: MWK Guisarme[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury advances more cautiously towards the second ape stopping when he thinks he is just outside the thing's reach and searching for the opportune time to dash in and strike it in a vital area.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: to G10
Standard: none[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 2 / Bard 1
Initiative: +6 Perception: +6

AC: 18 (14 touch; 14 flat-footed)
HP: 25 Current: 25
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +1 Ref: +9 Will: +2

In Hand: sap[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads