• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A "character driven" FR campaign.

Voadam

Legend
I updated my character sheet to reflect my new euipment (thanks Nicos). I also threw in a new picture. I'll try and find a black robe one.

Ion

Explorer
Nicos: Bluff (10+11+6=27)
Medowbrook: Bardic Knowledge (18+13=31), Sense Motive (1+5=6)
Voadam: Sense Motive (19-1=18)
Firen: Sense Motive (12+7=19)

Nicos' actions haven't given anyone reason to suspect that he is not being entirely truthful about his master Retsilah. While you've never heard of Retsilah, his story, as Nicos tells it, is believable.

Medowbrook might consider Nicos' description fails to address the subtleties of Waterdeep, but what he says is generally correct. Nicos does have a record of standing against Xanathar's Guild, though it is kept pretty hush hush.

The diplomats sent to Waterdeep after the end of the elven retreat have since moved on to establish contact with other locations. Medowbrook has a pretty good hunch that a moon elf sailor named Lolaan Cauladra could get word to Amlaruil's Elven Court. He's been known to frequent The Grey Griffon, a tavern in Dock Ward, when he's in port.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Ion said:
Nicos' actions haven't given anyone reason to suspect that he is not being entirely truthful about his master Retsilah. While you've never heard of Retsilah, his story, as Nicos tells it, is believable.

Wouldn't the fact that Meadowbrook has never heard the name of a fairly powerful, if not very powerful, wizard cause her some reason to be suspicious?

Ion

Explorer
Brother Shatterstone said:
Wouldn't the fact that Meadowbrook has never heard the name of a fairly powerful, if not very powerful, wizard cause her some reason to be suspicious?
If it was a fairly powerful wizard from waterdeep, then I would say hell yes.

This is a fairly powerful wizard, but he is one from halfway around the world who came from all the way around the world (according the Nicos...) I don't think Medowbrook would consider herself so knowledgable as to have heard of every notable person in the forgotten realms yet.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Ion said:
This is a fairly powerful wizard, but he is one from halfway around the world who came from all the way around the world (according the Nicos...)

Actually, it's on the same continent… ;)

Ion said:
I don't think Medowbrook would consider herself so knowledgable as to have heard of every notable person in the forgotten realms yet.
Okay, if you say so. Does she have to take at his word or can se investigate it?

Ion

Explorer
Does she have to take at his word or can se investigate it?
She absolutely can investigate it. As I understand it, here whole shtick is learning things and being knowledgable.

All I'm saying is there is no reason (yet?) to believe Nicos isn't a reliable source of information on Retsilah.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads