A Clash of Earth and Sea (El Jefe Judging) [See Part II]

Manzanita

First Post
"Ah. Thank you." says Ignatious. "We're traveling on foot, largely. Can you tell us how many days it will probably take us to reach the next settlement? Also. Are there any hazards you're aware of ahead?"

Iggy will purchase enough food for himself and mount as he expects to need to reach the next outpost.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Sara buys ten days worth of rations and a gallon of ale. Finding herself a little overburdened, she gives her old short swords away to a spunky stable boy (there's always one) with a vague promise to maybe stop in on the way back and show him some neat tricks with them.

Patlin

Explorer
Manzanita said:
"Can you tell us how many days it will probably take us to reach the next settlement? Also. Are there any hazards you're aware of ahead?"

"Should take about four days to walk through the pass if the weather stays good. All manner of beasts live in the mountains, though, best be on your guard."

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy starts with two days trail rations. He'll buy another 4, as well as 6 days of feed for his pony and another 20 crossbow bolts with quiver to keep on his pony. He'll keep his spyglass out as they travel, looking about, searching for odd noises and distant activity.

"I picked up this spyglass from a merchant named Rupert on that trip I took without you Sara. I have a handy magnifying glass too. Check this out, if you use it to examine your fingers, you can see that we all have different contours on at the tips. Cool, huh?"

He'll also give the healing wand to Charlarn. "Hey - remember this? You'll probably be needing this on the brothers Grimm over there. Sara tends to need that thing a lot too. Hopefully not on me..." he trails of with a shiver.

Patlin

Explorer
After gathering supplies, the party begins to trudge onward to the pass. You've been travelling up hill for a while now, and it's starting to get chilly. While it's only mid fall, the higher you climb the more convinced you become that it feels like early winter, crisp but not yet unpleasant. It occurs to you that you will want winter blankets when you set down to camp tonight, and if possible a sheltered campsight with a stout fire.

Spot (DC 20): [sblock]Did some of the underbrush beside the road just twitch?[/sblock]

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Patlin said:
After gathering supplies, the party begins to trudge onward to the pass. You've been travelling up hill for a while now, and it's starting to get chilly. While it's only mid fall, the higher you climb the more convinced you become that it feels like early winter, crisp but not yet unpleasant. It occurs to you that you will want winter blankets when you set down to camp tonight, and if possible a sheltered campsight with a stout fire.
"hmm, kinda chilly... if it gets too cold I might have to find someone to snuggle up with for warmth...." Sara grins at Iggy.

Manzanita

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
"hmm, kinda chilly... if it gets too cold I might have to find someone to snuggle up with for warmth...." Sara grins at Iggy.

Iggy becomes a bit flustered. "Ah yes, of course that's only logical. Let's try to find a sheltered place. Kennedy can help keep an eye out while we camp."

OOC: I'll add a winter blanket and bedroll to Iggy's stuff, too, when I get a few minutes. Is there much moon?

Patlin

Explorer
Spot rolls for Zack and Charlarn: Zack succeeds! (Iggy and Sara cannot succeed even on a natural 20.)

**** Surprise Round ****

Initiative
Vine (5)
Zack (2)

Only Zack sees the small twitch made by the roadside vine before it launches itself at the party, sending a tendril to smash into Sara for 12 damage. It immediately seeks to grab hold of the flat footed warrior, overpowering her instinctive effort to escape its grip.

(Zack may act in the surprise round, all others may roll initiative and act in round 1.)

Xael

First Post
"What the...", Ducane starts to speak as the plant attacks, but doesn't bother finishing the sentence, as he moves closer while drawing his curved sword and hacks at the plant, but probably misses.

OOC: Ducane's initiative is 18.

Remove ads