A Clash of Earth and Sea (El Jefe Judging) [See Part II]

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: I had actually rolled pathetically for Iggy's spot check & failed, then forgotten to note it in my post. With Kennedy around, he does have +1 on his spot roll, so it's possible he would have noticed.

Initiative: 14+3=17

Iggy starts and scarely represses a scream of horror. Seeing his dear friend in peril, the stout halfling pulls himself together and unleases his most powerful spell at this monster, aiming at the base to avoid accidently hitting Sara.

Cast Scorching ray +5 4d6 (+3 dex, +1 BAB, +1 size)
To hit: 8+5=13 ranged touch
dmg if hit: 10

OOC:
Standard Spells(4+1 div/2+1 int+1 div/1+1int+1div): detect magic, daze, light, message, ghost sound, mage armor, color spray, comprehend languages, magic missile, invisibility, detect thoughts, scorching ray

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Reacting quickly, Ducane and Iggy rush to Sara's defence with little result. Ducanes sword is defelect by the tough vine, and the living wood is green and moist, resistant to flame. Neither hero damages the vine.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Surprise round: Zack moves into position next to the vine, setting his scythe in a fighting pose (draw weapon while moving, darn surprise round and its single move or standard action restriction. Note to self: get Quick Draw).

1st round: The older Grimm brings down his scythe on the plant with all his might, but only manages to wound the ground.

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy

"Oh, gosh." Iggy gasps at his spell's ineffectiveness. "Don't worry, Sara, we'll get you out!" Iggy casts his only other effective spell at the vine, magic missile.

OOC: 2d4 +2 = 7

Patlin

Explorer
Round 1 Continues

(Sara goes here.)

Zack attacks the vine, but misses.

OOC: Btw, Manzanita -- note Steve specifically asked for Charlarn to be NPC'd by you until monday. Would you like to roll initiative for him and declare his actions?

Manzanita

First Post
Patlin said:
OOC: Btw, Manzanita -- note Steve specifically asked for Charlarn to be NPC'd by you until monday. Would you like to roll initiative for him and declare his actions?

Whoops - thanks for the reminder!

Initiative: 17+2 = 19

Jezibel had stolen Charlarn's horse, so he is now walking, evidently. He will approach and attack. Perhaps he would have to ready his mornstar first.

Attack: 1+4=5 miss

Kahuna Burger

First Post
hrm, I can make a grapple check (opposed?) as a move action to draw a weapon... don't know how, if at all, the quickdraw feat effects that. In any case, Sara yells "Agh! I hate vegetables!" and tries to get at either of her swords.

first attempt, is a 9, second if its needed, 18

Attack with a single short sword, hampered by the grapple =15 Damage if applicable is 6

sara's grapple mod is +6

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 3/ranger 1

Manzanita said:
Whoops - thanks for the reminder!

Initiative: 17+2 = 19

Jezibel had stolen Charlarn's horse, so he is now walking, evidently. He will approach and attack. Perhaps he would have to ready his mornstar first.

Attack: 1+4=5 miss
OOC: I'm back. Charlarn would have readied his shield and morningstar as he approached the plant. He also bought 4 days of trail rations for 2 gp. Unfortunately for Charlarn, his winter blanket is back at the Red Dragon Inn. :heh:

Last edited:

Remove ads