A Clash of Earth and Sea (El Jefe Judging) [See Part II]

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 3/ranger 1

The cleric moves his morningstar back to his right hand. He swings the weapon (13) at the vine. "Let her go."

Patlin

Explorer
With Zack's massive blow, the Assasin Vine begins to twitch about, thrashing in uncontrolled death throes. Losing it's grip on Sara, it soon lies still.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
"And this is why I hate vegetables!" Sara rants as she gets up and dusts herself off. "I'm walking along, minding my own business, and I get attacked by the landscape! This is why I have my swords out all the time you know! The one time I keep them sheathed, I'm attacked by a vegetable and can't get at them! I shouldn't have given away my other swords, I should have given them to one of you to hold and said 'Hey, if I'm grabbed by a giant squash vine, hand one of these to me, would ya....' I mean, why would a vegetable attack me anyway? Plants don't eat things! Plants don't need stuff! And if it wanted my stuff it should have asked nicely!"

"Hey, actually, you think if it grabbed any other people, their stuff would still be around here?"

Dalamar

Adventurer
Zack gives the thrashing-around vine a kick to make it stop.
He then tends to his scythe and rearranges his cloack so it again covers most of him.

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy holds his hand over his mouth and chuckes as Sara rants. Iggy likes vegitables, but figures it would be a bad time to bring this up.

He perks up at her suggestion of treasure.

"Yes. Normally plants don't move around. Of course they don't normally eat people either."
Iggy will search around a bit before they move along.

Patlin

Explorer
Kahuna Burger said:
"Hey, actually, you think if it grabbed any other people, their stuff would still be around here?"

About 30 yards off the road, the party finds a patch of soil that seems to have been purposefully "enriched" by the addition of rotting meat. A search of this area reveals a few items that seem worth recovering: a masterwork breastplate, 18 gp, and a gold ring worth 15 gp.

DM/Judge Reference only: [sblock]EL 3 encounter, 160 xp to Charlarn, 180 to the others. Recomended treasure value: 900 gold. Treasure found: Aprox. 200 gold. Can apply the other 700 gp to some future "jackpot."[/sblock]

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Patlin said:
About 30 yards off the road, the party finds a patch of soil that seems to have been purposefully "enriched" by the addition of rotting meat. A search of this area reveals a few items that seem worth recovering: a masterwork breastplate, 18 gp, and a gold ring worth 15 gp.

"Damn if it was gonna eat other people before us they could have at least been rich..." Sara has calmed down a bit by this point. "Hey, thanks you guys for stopping me from becoming fertilizer too.... That was a nice chop, Zack - heh, I bet you don't actually get a chance to use that thing on plants much. Does anyone need a breastplate? I'm happy with my chainmail until I save up enugh for that light weight stuff...."

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Not much," Zack answers to Sara's remark as he does a quick inspection of the breastplate they found. It wasn't an exact fit for him, but neither was the plain one that he currently had.
"Better than mine, it seems. Objections?"
The older Grimm lifts the breastplate for everyone to see. Unless somebody objects to him taking it, he changes it for the one he is currently wearing, strapping the old one to his backpack.

Remove ads