A Clash of Earth and Sea (El Jefe Judging) [See Part II]

Kahuna Burger

First Post
The hubby and I broke the internet trying to integrate a new computer into the house network, so my access is going to be intermittent for a week or so. I am sincerely sorry for the lack of warning, and promise that things will be back on track just as soon as we smite the cable company. Please npc my character as needed.

Patlin

Explorer
Kahuna Burger said:
I am sincerely sorry for the lack of warning, and promise that things will be back on track just as soon as we smite the cable company.

With me the problem had to do with a legal brief that gobbled up all of my attention for the last several days. :eek: Hopefully I've got the below all figured out now. I know I messed up the "constrict" rules at least once allready. :)

Other Stuff from Round 1
Charlarn takes a swing at the vine, but it ignores his efforts with wooden resolve.

Sara struggles with the vine but cannot get free.

The vine attempts to pin Sarah to the ground d20+12=21 if it succeeds she takes 10 constriction damage. (Sara may make the opposed grapple check, or I will if the cable company takes a while to smite.)

Initiative
Iggy (19)
Ducane (18)
Charlarn (17)
Sara (12) (12 or 22 damage)
Vine (5)
Zack (2)

Round 2
Iggy blasts the vine for 7 damage with magic missiles.
(Ducane is up next.)

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: How big is this vine? Are there other large stalks that could attack other party members? How far is Sara from the vine base where it connects to the ground?

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 3/ranger 1

Charlarn sees Sara getting crushed by the vine. He will cast cure moderate wounds on her. "We're trying to get you out. Hold on." The spell cures 10 hp.

Cleric Spells Prepared (4/3+1/2+1: save DC 13 + level):
0-detect magic, guidance, light, mending;
1-bless, cure light wounds, protection from evil, sanctuary*;
2-cure moderate wounds, locate object*, status.
*Domain spell.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
After several re-readings of the grapple rules, I've determined that I hate them. :p Among other things, it would be helpful if they didn't list some grapple checks as opposed and others as not. Since there doesn't seem to be any such thing as an unopposed grapple check, it just confuses the issue. Also its apparently as likely to get away entirely as draw a sword. go figure. Please make my grapple checks (+6) as that much back and forth to invisible castle for little result would swiftly make me crazy.

Since the plant seems to be focused entirely on grappling her, Sara yells "Iggy, get me my sword!" and delays until Iggy can place a shortsword in her hand. She will then attack at +4 (single short sword attack +8 -4 for a light weapon while grappled.

If the vegetable diverts some of its efforts to the other party members, Sara will attempt to get at her sword again as a move action, attack if successful, if unsuccessful attempt a grapple check to free herself.

Patlin

Explorer
Initiative
Iggy (19)
Ducane (18)
Charlarn (17)
Sara (12) (22 damage, pinned)
Vine (5) (7 damage)
Zack (2)

Round 2 Concludes
Ducane steps in to flanking position, slashing the vine for 6 damage.

Charlarn heals Sara for 10 points.

Sara stuggles mightilly, but fails to escape the pin.

The Assasin Vine struggles to pull Sara off the ground and away from the assistance of her friends, but it fails to pull the struggling warrior to the new location.

Zack slashes at the vine, but his wild blow is deflected by its thick hide.

(Iggy is up next... the vine is 20' long, and controls a 10'x10' area in combat.)

Xael

First Post
Ducane takes yet another swing at the vine and hits (possible crit again, duh) for 13 points of damage.

OOC: See my last post for link to the rolls, I can't seem to get them to work from this computer.

Last edited:

Remove ads