• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Clash of Earth and Sea (El Jefe Judging) [See Part II]

Patlin

Explorer
I'm going to wait a bit longer for people to post pre-initiative actions, but please roll and post initiatives as well, so we all have them ready when battle begins.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 3/ranger 2

Charlarn feels odd without the familiar weight of the shield on his arm. He draws a piece of parchment from his spell component pouch and mutters, "Lady Phyrah, protect me with your divine shield, Swift." He casts shield of faith on himself (duration 3 minutes, +2 deflection bonus to AC). Once that's done, he grasps his morningstar and waits (Hide check (1d20=18)). Charlarn is distracted by his missing shield and misses his chance to act (Initiative (1d20+2=4)).

AC 18
HP 32/32

Cleric Spells Prepared (4/3+1/2+1: save DC 13 + level):
0-detect magic, light (2), mending;
1-bless, sanctuary*, shield of faith, summon monster I;
2-shield other*, silence, spiritual weapon.
*Domain spell.

Pbartender

First Post
Jack Haggerty: Halfling Ftr2/Rog2, AC 19, hp 25

Xael said:
Ducane continues to fiddle with his sword, but this time he has drawn it. "I suppose the small one is one of the wizards. Let's let them closer, we don't want them to run.", he says.

Listen +12: 23

Jack waits patiently behind his rock for the enemies to come within close striking distance.

Intitiative +4: 9

...but the position he must adopt to stay hidden is rather awkward.

Jack is hoping to let the enemies come with 30', before firing an arrow at the "wizard".

Patlin

Explorer
Pbartender said:
Jack is hoping to let the enemies come with 30', before firing an arrow at the "wizard".

The Wizard (or sorceror) is in back, and has cover from the Ogres. Worse, by the time he is within 30' the Ogres will be practically on top of you.

Pbartender

First Post
Patlin said:
The Wizard (or sorceror) is in back, and has cover from the Ogres. Worse, by the time he is within 30' the Ogres will be practically on top of you.

OOC: I did say he was hoping... :p

Without a good shot at the "wizard", Jack adjusts his aim to the lead ogre -- still waiting until the beastie gets within point blank range -- hopefully catching him off-guard.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads