• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Clash of Earth and Sea (El Jefe Judging) [See Part II]

Pbartender

First Post
Jack Haggerty: Halfling Ftr2/Rog2, AC 19, hp 25

Patlin said:
Jack fires a shot at the lead Ogre, who is 30' away from him. (Roll attack and damage, please.)
Jack springs the ambush with a well-placed arrow...

Sneak Attack (longbow) +8: 23
Damage (longbow) 1d6+1d6: 9

While the enemy stands about wondering what happened, Jack fires another arrow at the lead ogre, before high-tailing it back toward his allies in the rocks.

Jack Sneak Attacks Ogre 1 with his longbow, and then moves 20' to R4.

Sneak Attack (longbow) +8: 27
Damage (longbow) 1d6+1d6: 6

Velmont said:
I casted Disturb Equilibrum on O2 and O3. It is good for three rounds. I don't know if they saved, but it is a good time to sneak them easily.
OOC: I know that, but unless Opale shouts something out or the ogres are obviously off-balance, Jack really has no idea...

Last edited:

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 3/ranger 2

Surprise round:
Charlarn intones, "Lady Phyrah, let your holy winds blow away my enemy's speech." (Cast silence at the enemy spellcaster; Will save DC 15 negates; duration 3 minutes).

round 1:
He'll grab his holy falcon and pray, "Lady Phyrah, grant your blessing to thsi servant and his friends." (casts bless; duration 3 minutes; +1 on attack rolls and on saves vs. fear effects for the party). Then he'll climb over the rocks in F04 then stand in F05, morningstar in hand. He'll watch merrow 3 carefully (applies +1 dodge bonus to AC against merrow 3) He says, "Let's get 'em."

AC 19 vs. o3, 18 against all others
HP 32/32
shield of faith and bless in effect
Atk morningstar +6 (1d8+1; crit 20/x2)

autopilot[sblock]He'll close to attack the merrow. If a party member is wounded to half damage or less, he'll try to heal them. If the party is doing badly, he'll summon a celestial giant fire beetle.[/sblock]

Spells left[sblock]Cleric Spells Prepared (4/3+1/2+1: save DC 13 + level):
0-detect magic, light (2), mending;
1-bless, sanctuary*, shield of faith, summon monster I;
2-shield other*, silence, spiritual weapon.
*Domain spell.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
In the surprise round Iggy will haste Ducane, Charlarn, Planus, Zach, and Opale.

In round 1, Iggy will move five feet to F05, and cast Magic missile at the spellcaster.

OOC: MM dmg: 9

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Surprise Round (Redux)
Ducane scrambles out from behind the rocks, heading to I,5.

Iggy casts haste on Ducane, Charlarn, Planus, Zach, and Opale

Jack fires a shot at the lead Ogre, who is 30' away from him. Hitting a tender spot, he deals 9 damage to Ogre #1.

Opale casts Disturb Equilibrium at Ogres #2 and 3. Ogre #2 seems a bit dazed.

Charlarn casts a silence spell at the enemy spellcaster, for whom the world goes quiet. .

Planus fires off an arrow, which misses.

Manzanita

First Post
"Someone cut that wizard's escape!" shouts Iggy. He peers around the rock and fires a magic missile at the spellcaster.

OOC: 9 pts dmg per last post

Patlin

Explorer
Round 1
Ducane charges in (to q,12) with a monster swing, but misses.

Ogre #2 shakes off its fealing of imbalance, and steps diagonally to the northeast. Ducane being two close to get at with the longspear, it stabs at Jack hitting him for 13 damage. (Don't have my DMG with me to check my reach chart, he may need to move more than 5' to do this... if so, he does and takes an AOO from Ducane. Xael, roll your AOO if you get one.)

Iggys shouts for someone to cut off the Wizard's escape and blasts him for 9 damage with magic missiles.

Jack find himself threatened, does he proceed as planned and risk the AOO?

Xael

First Post
HP 28/28, AC 17 (18 against O3)

Patlin said:
(Don't have my DMG with me to check my reach chart, he may need to move more than 5' to do this... if so, he does and takes an AOO from Ducane. Xael, roll your AOO if you get one.)

Ducane swings at the Merrow as it moves away, but misses (6) again.

OOC: Looks like 5ft step isn't enough, but the dice don't like me right now.

SlagMortar

First Post
Planus will run after the wizard if he tries to escape, only firing if he is within 110 feet. He tells the others, "If we get split up, I'll meet you back here, or back near the village."

OOC: Given my poor rolls, I understand if you want to make Planus fire a full attack rather than give chase this first round. If the wizard flees, but he still has to attack, redirect the shots to one of the ogres who is not in melee and is injured.

Last edited:

Pbartender

First Post
Jack Haggerty: Halfling Ftr2/Rog2, AC 22, hp 12/25

Patlin said:
(Don't have my DMG with me to check my reach chart, he may need to move more than 5' to do this... if so, he does and takes an AOO from Ducane. Xael, roll your AOO if you get one.)

OOC: Yup... The ogre would have to move 15' north to R8-S8-R9-S9 in order to reach Jack.

Patlin said:
Jack find himself threatened, does he proceed as planned and risk the AOO?

Jack changes his mind, and steps out of the ogre's reach, before shooting his arrow. He drops his bow, and draws his blades, preparing to mix it up with the ogres at close range. "I could use a little help here guys," he urges his comrades.

Sneak Attack and Damage vs. Ogre 1 as listed above, but at a -4 (23 to hit, 6 damage)... Jack will be fighting defensively this round (+3 AC).

Remove ads