A Clash of Earth and Sea (El Jefe Judging) [See Part II]

Xael

First Post
17 / 28 HP, AC 20 (21 vs. O3)

Round 3:

Ignoring the hit he received for now, Ducane steps to R9 and hits at the Merrow (O2) twice (22 & 26) for 19 and 12 damage, hopefully dropping the creature.

Rather pleased at his performance this time, he glances at Merrow number three with a murderous intent.

OOC: Mmm, almost a crit, but I don't think it matters much.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: Iggy will have hasted himself. As I read the spell, though, it doesn't do much for the spellcaster.

Iggy figures the hasted Planus should be more than a match for an injured, silenced wizard. He turns his attention to the merrow. He moves south to F06 and tries to roast O3.

OOC: to hit 7. Durn.

SlagMortar

First Post
Planus does not want to outright kill the mage. Since he looks badly injured and is moving slowly, he holds his position and instead fires an arrow at a merrow (O1), but misses. He is ready to continue following should the mage try to run again. He gives the wizard a meaningful look that says, stay here.

OOC: bow shot (1d20+8=12, 1d8+2=7)
Arrows used: 2

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Xael is very subtly pointing out I haven't taken the haste AC bonus into account... tell me if you find more errors!

Initiative, hp & Status Effects
Ducane (17 of 28 hp, AC 20 v Evil+dodge, Protection From Evil, Bless, Haste)
Merrow #2 (2 damage)
Iggy (26 of 26 hp, AC 19, Mage Armor, Bless, Haste)
Jack (12 of 25 hp, AC 19, Bless)
Merrow #1 (15 damage)
Enemy Spellcaster (23 damage, Silenced, Acid)
Opale (16 of 16 hp, AC 16, Mage Armor, Bless)
Charlarn (24 of 32 hp, AC 19, Shield of Faith, Bless, Haste)
Merrow #3
Planus (20 of 20 hp, AC 20, Bless, Haste)

Patlin

Explorer
Round 3
Ducane very professionally rips the second merrow to shreds.

Iggy shoots fire at an Ogre, but misses. (Did you include the bless and haste bonuses? Only one more would do...)

[Jack is up next.]

Manzanita

First Post
Patlin said:
Round 3
Iggy shoots fire at an Ogre, but misses. (Did you include the bless and haste bonuses? Only one more would do...)

OOC: Whoops! Didn't include either, thanks. Damage is 14. Awesome. Those merrow make good targets for halfling wizards!

Pbartender

First Post
Jack Haggerty: Halfling Ftr2/Rog2, AC 19, hp 12/25

Patlin said:
Also, in updating the map I realized Jack got an AOO v Merrow #1 when the merrow moved to attack Ducane... roll your attack, Pbartender!

Jack lashes out at the ogre who, oblivious to the little halfling's presence, nearly steps on him. Jack is nimble enough avoid the ogre's boot heel, and at the same time slip the point of his rapier in amongst a couple of giant ankle bones...

Attack of Opporunity (+1 rapier) +10: 24
Damage (+1 rapier) 1d4+1: 5

Patlin said:
[Jack is up next.]

Whirling about, Jack again slips inside the ogre's reach to slash at his shins and kneecaps...

Tumble +10 (to U8): 28
Attack (+1 rapier) +10: 17
Damage (+1 rapier) 1d4+1: 5

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Opale make another 5 foot toward the Ogre (F6) and she shoots at the nearest Merrow. The bolt flies for a solid blow in teh chest. She quickly recharge and get ready for a next shot.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Attack: 23 and Damage: 6[/SBLOCK]

Patlin

Explorer
Round 3
Guided by Phyrah's hand, Iggys blast of fire which had seemed to fly off course is deflected down into the Merrow #3, dealing 14 damage.

Jack, having slashed Merrow #1 for 5 damage when it unguardedly waled past him, dives in and delivers a second slash for another 5 damage.

Reeling from the blows, Merrow #1 takes a step back, desperately stabbing at Ducane dealing 8 damage, which isn't likely to be enough to get him out of this ambush....

The enemy spellcaster manages to take a few more steps away before collapsing under the effects of the Acid Arrow.

Opale, with an expert shot, downs the Ogre Jack had been carving up.

Charlarn, seeing some breathing room, takes the opportunity to cast a healing spell on Jack.

The last remaining Ogre tries to make a run for it.

[At this point, things seem decided, so I will speed things up.]

While it flees at a respectable pace, several members of the party have missile weapons at the ready. Iggy had allready roasted it fairly solidly, and in its weakened state it is quickly brought down with arrows and bolts.

*** End of Combat ***

Velmont

First Post
Opale walks to the Merrow she just killed. "That makes three and a wizard... I hope you don't I have finished the job, Jack. But I had to spend my best offensive spell on that caster. Planus, what that guy have on him? If there is anything usefull, I won't complain to use it on the next group we will find. Charlarn, good thinking that silence spell. I see my cousin comments on you were right."

Last edited:

Remove ads