A Clash of Earth and Sea, Part II (El Jefe Judging) [Concluded]

Patlin

Explorer
Initiative
Jack (6 hp)
Opale (4 of 21 hp)
Ogre Mage (21 nonlethal damage, 11 normal damage)
Ducane (20 of 43 hp)
Iggy (12 of 31 hp)
Charlarn (13 of 38 hp)
Zack (24 of 46 hp, Raging)
Planus (6 of 32 hp)

Patlin

Explorer
Round 4 Begins
Jack gets out his longbow and shoots, dealing 2 nonlethal damage.Jack's shot (1d20+9=26, 1d6=2)

Opale's attack hits for 6 damage, and the Ogre convulses in pain and drops from the sky! It takes some additional damage from the fall, but it seems likely to get up again in a moment unless you do something!

(Ogre regenerates 5 hp, is still out.)

[Ducane is up.]

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: OK. I thought the battle was over so I looked up Ogre Mage's. They have spell resistance too! In any case, if the Ogre is up on Iggy's next turn he will hit it with his magic missiles. rolls. SR overcome attempt 12; MM dmg 10 if relevant.

Patlin

Explorer
Perhaps the mystic energies the Ogre Mage hs been manipulating have done some temporary damage to his spell resistance?

Last edited:

SlagMortar

First Post
Planus rejoices a moment before seeing the others still concerned. "Is it going to get up? Iggy, what do we do? Charlarn, finish it off with Goruskblain!" He moves up and casts cure serious wounds (3d8+5=19) on Ducane.

OOC: Dang, my only character without any alchemist fire. Oh well, surely someone has some with which to perform the coup de grace.

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: The only magical damage the ogre took was from Iggy's scorching ray, and Iggy's spells have about a 33% chance to beat the spell resistance, so I don't see it as a big deal. The glitterdust didn't really matter. Iggy has more scorching ray spells if we need fire to finish it off. Let me roll for his two remaining rays: #1: overcome spell resistance: 26 dmg 19. That's all we need, right there!

spells:
Level 0 (4+1 div): detect magic(D), light(x2), message(x2)
Level 1 (3+1 int+1 div): True Strike(D), magic missile(x4)x3
Level 2 (3+1 int+1 div): detect invisibility(D), invisibility, scorching ray(x3)x2
Level 3 (2+1 int+1 div): Clairaudience/Clairvoyance(D), Haste(x2), Water Breathing

Patlin

Explorer
Iggy quickly roasts the downed Ogre Mage, making an end of the giant.

Goruksblain speaks up.

"Let us destroy that magical abomination, and put an end to the Lich's magic."

The hammer continues to heal its wielder, using the remainder of its 3 cure moderate wounds per day.

SlagMortar

First Post
"Good work, Iggy! He looks burned to a crisp."

OOC: Forgot to update spells remaining:
0 (DC 13) 5/day: Detect Magic(x2), Light(x2), Guidance
1 (DC 14) 4/day: Bless, Divine Favor, Protection from Evil (x2)
2 (DC 15) 3/day: Resist Energy, Silence, Spiritual Weapon
3 (DC 16) 2/day: Blindness, Prayer
Domain:
1 (DC 14): Longstrider
2 (DC 15): Invisibility
3 (DC 16): Fly
Arrows remaining: 20

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy thinks back to the vision they'd had, when some benevolent force had saved them from the skrags.

In the distance, you sense a skeletal hand grasping a web of darkness. As it pulls upon strands the web shivers menacingly around the world. Your attention is drawn to a particular set of strands, which somehow seem to extend towards you. The web seems to fall away into the background, and the strands transform into four figures of dark power. One, far larger than the others, holds in his two hands some sort of amorphous darkness, reeking of evil.

You look inside the darkness, and though you remain sheltered in the misty light the dimensions of the dark suddenly seem to exceed your ability to understand. Swimming towards you from the dark there comes a gigantic shark. Your perceptions fall back, and now you see the lake as a whole, as if from flying high above. The darkness fills it, taints it, tries to destroy it. A skeletal finger reaches out, touching the darkness from some far distance, and sharks teem out of the lake, somehow swimming onto the land and hunting outside the water.

*SERVICE!*Another idea comes to you, and before you stands a mighty hammer.

The hammer's head is made from some unusual substance, a form of iron from which magic slips away. Raising the hammer high above your head, you bring it down upon a stone... a very unusual stone. It seems to be an opal, but it's the size of a watermelon. Somehow, the opal is the center of the darkness. The opal shatters beneath your assault, and the darkness shatters with it. Once more, you are alone in the milky light.

Yes. Surely the hammer could destroy the gem!

"Charlarn, smash the gem with the hammer! I think it will work!"

Remove ads