A Clash of Earth and Sea, Part II (El Jefe Judging) [Concluded]

SlagMortar

First Post
"Zack, if you are still injured, I still have some favors from Mongrel remaining. Then we can rest." Planus heaves a contented sigh. He continues in an oddly pensive manner, "I'm glad we were able to help the merfolk against those nasty pirates. It feels good to meet a clear victory. I didn't realize until now just how disheartening that fight with the merrow was. I'm glad we were able to get you two back. Tomorrow I will be refreshed and ready to put an end to these horrific merrow."

OOC: Planus has two cure light wounds and one cure moderate wounds remaining. Any suggestions for 3rd level cleric spells would be good. Planus relies on Mongrel to pick the spells at the beginning of the day so I don't want to ask for suggestions in character. I was thinking:
0 (DC 13) 5/day: Detect Magic(x2), Light(x2), Guidance
1 (DC 14) 4/day: Bless, Divine Favor, Protection from Evil (x2)
2 (DC 15) 3/day: Resist Energy, Silence, Spiritual Weapon
3 (DC 16) 2/day: Blindness, Prayer
Domain:
1 (DC 14): Longstrider
2 (DC 15): Invisibility
3 (DC 16): Fly (prepared)

Patlin

Explorer
The party makes its way along the lakeshore to the compound, where they find a disturbing sight. The compound is abandoned, and many mounds of dirt are strewn about inside it as if from a burrowing creature... or perhaps more than one. You find some gnawed bones, but they seem to be of livesock and not of people.

Something attacked the compound, but as far as you can tell Sara and the woodsfolk escaped.

Velmont

First Post
"It seems our last visit had brought some vengeance on these poor folks. I hope Sara made it safely with the people. If we hide properly in the ruins, I think we should be safe, they won't attack twice in such a short time." suggets Opale

SlagMortar

First Post
Planus gasps at the destoyed compound, but is relieved that they do not find any corpses. Planus' natural impatience combines with his moral outrage, "Rest fast. These merrow should pay for what they've done." Hebegins to look the area over for any signs of the people and says, "I wonder how the people escaped and where they went."

OOC:
survival (1d20+10=20)
Note he doesn't have the track feat so he can find any tracks, but can only follow them if they are DC 10 or lower.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
"I wonder what these burrowing creatures were." Iggy, ever the scholar, inspects the mounds. He knows Sara is a tough lady & isn't too worried about her. Her upbeat personality is just what the villagers would need to lead them to a new home. It was a dangerous place they'd settled, after all.

"Well. We must rest somewhere before we assault the merrow. This place seems as good as any. We'll post double watches and spend a long night in what remains here. There's no point following tracks. We know where we want to go next."

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 4/ranger 2

Charlarn grips his shield tightly when the group comes across the ruined camp. Charlarn checks out the dirt mounds with Iggy (Knowledge (nature) (1d20+4=12)). "Hard to tell what kind of creatures dug up the ground. Do you think the merrow took the people? We shouldn't wait too long before going after them." For the next day, he prepares:

Cleric Spells Prepared (5/4+1/3+1: save DC 13 + level):
0-detect magic, guidance, light (2), mending;
1-bless, cause fear, sanctuary*, shield of faith, summon monster I;
2-hold person, shield other*, silence, spiritual weapon.
*Domain spell.

Xael

First Post
Ducane, Hp 18 / 43

"I wouldn't mind getting patched up a bit.", Ducane says when Planus offers healing.

When they arrive at the compound, Ducane draws his sword just in case. "This place really seems to have about every kind of weird monster possible.", he says while frowning and looking around.

OOC: No word from other character judge, I suppose one approval is enough.

Patlin

Explorer
The buildings, while not damaged, are far from ruined. As a precaution against burrowing creatures, you take some rooms on the upper floors and (after healing as needed) rest for the night. You are undisturbed, and wake up rested the next morning.

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy wakes up early, eager for action. "We can finish these guys, I just know it. We have a decision to make, first. Shall we try to descend through the chimney again, or do we head underwater and try to get in there. This decision may influence the spells I want to memorize today. I could turn someone invisible to sneak down the chimney & see what traps they've set. Jack?"

OOC: We need to boot Jack at this point, I guess. We don't have any other good scouts, really, do we?

Remove ads