• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Feast for Crows is done! Kind of...

Olive

Explorer
I'm not sure I'm happy with this... I guess it means that there will be a book out soon, and then a second book out (hopefully by the end of the year), but that some characters (potentially including Jon Snow) won't be seen until the second book...

Teflon Billy

Explorer
So, there will be no...

• Arya
  • Jon Snow
  • Stannis
  • Tyrion
  • Danaerys

This is what he manages to get to print after 6 years? Most of his main characters missing?

Nice work :\

ForceUser

Explorer
Teflon Billy said:
So, there will be no...

• Arya
  • Jon Snow
  • Stannis
  • Tyrion
  • Danaerys

This is what he manages to get to print after 6 years? Most of his main characters missing?

Yeah. Arya, Jon Snow, and Danaerys are my favorite characters. Oh well.

KenM

Banned
Banned
Teflon Billy said:
So, there will be no...

• Arya
  • Jon Snow
  • Stannis
  • Tyrion
  • Danaerys

Thats no big deal at all. Just picture if George Lucas did episode 3 without Padme, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Yoda and Palpatine. No big deal at all. :( Was'nt Tryion on the cover at one point?

Last edited:

Krafus

First Post
Teflon Billy said:
So, there will be no...

• Arya
  • Jon Snow
  • Stannis
  • Tyrion
  • Danaerys

If AFfC could have been published as a single, massive book, GRRM would have done so. However, his publishers told him that wasn't feasible. They hadn't been happy at the size of ASoS, and asked him to make AFfC about the size of ACoK. So when the manuscript page count for AFfC exceeded that of ASoS, he knew he had a problem. He talked about it with his publishers, and ended up facing two choices: publish AFfC parts 1 and 2 (which would have meant that none of the POVs would have had, to him, a satisfactory ending in part 1) or publish two novels, each featuring the full story of a number of POVs. He picked the second choice. I wish he'd gone with the first choice, but I understand his reasons.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads