A Few New Maps

Pyrandon

First Post
Hello, everyone. I just wanted to share a few of my latest maps.

The first is a "player handout" map depicting both the setting and the story of a fictional saint's martyrdom. This is, of course, emulating a 12th-13th century European map/illuminated text.

The other two attachments are mosaic tile maps for adventurers to discover on the walls of a long-lost ruin. Obviously, these take their influence from ancient Greece & Rome.

I hope you enjoy these. Take care,
Don

Attachments

• martyr amobilant_folded.jpg
    martyr amobilant_folded.jpg
    641.6 KB · Views: 134
  • mosaic round map.jpg
    mosaic round map.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 134
  • mosaic map aith final.jpg
    mosaic map aith final.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 125
Last edited:

blobsticks

First Post
Yeah, they're some pretty well done maps. I wish RPG publishers would take a note out of your book and do their maps this well. Really, good stuff :)

Pyrandon

First Post
Thank you all for the responses. I'm so glad you liked these. :)

DanChops asked how I made them: I used Photoshop for all three. The Martyr map is basically a series of hand drawn images I scanned in, assembled, & colorized + tweaked here and there. The mosaic maps were basically line drawings I stroked with a custom brush, then ran some layer styles upon (and tweaked a lot). (I wrote a tutorial on the mosaic method if you're interested, it's posted here).

Again, thanks for the comments. My maps are created mainly for personal enjoyment, and it's nice when others enjoy them too. :)

PS: Hey Arbiter, I have a Paypal account... ;)

Remove ads