• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

a few ranger questions

ethandrul

First Post
when using a ranged attack power with a HEAVY thrown weapon, do you still use dex for everything as the power states, or strength like the item states?

#2 if I am armed with 2 hand axes, can I attack the orc next to me with one attack- then throw my axe into a different orc a few squares away?
basically can I mix and match ranged and melee attack while using powers that allow either?

#3 is there any reason to take the archery ranger build besides the paragon path?
I mean, take 2 weapon style for toughness and the flexability!

Larrin

Entropic Good
1. No i believe that 'heavy throw' states basic attacks only

2.RAW no, it gives you an either/or option and states Melee: main hand then off hand, in order to make the off hand attack it must remain melee. If you could though, one would be based on STR one on DEX

3.There is no need to take the archery style if you don't like defensive mobility nor the paragon paths, this doesn't effect any powers in any way that i know of.

Remove ads