A first look at Destan's Valus sourcebook

Voadam

Legend
Destan said:
1003 W.E. (Winter Epoch) - p. 16

The current year can be a bit confusing (hell, it confuses me) because it's "different" depending upon the group/religion/whatever. We have all these peoples that attribute "Year 0" to different significant events. And then you have the druids who count down instead of up, waiting for Saficea to awake. Over on the mainland Aradeeti use lifetimes instead of years, and the dang Rorns refuse to count the years until the return of their Witchking. What a mess.

The book (and I) stick with 1003 WE as the current year and use WE as the common factor between all the dates.

Yeah I went back and found the chart with all the different calendars, its near the beginning.

The Carrik-Rhelm civil war occurred from 861 WE - 865 WE. (An easy way to remember that, if you're from the U.S., is the parallel to our own Civil War, 1861-1865).

I'm a yankee so those years aren't that significant or particularly recognizable to me. :)

And Crothian, thanks for the review. It'd be interesting to hear what you reviwers are talking about behind the scenes, so to speak. But only if it won't hurt my feelings.

D

Once I finish reading and digesting it I will be reviewing it for Pyramid, so this is my behind the scenes talking about it.

Destan

Citizen of Val Hor
FYI: Joe's review just became the fourth review of Valus. You can find it here.

Good review, good points, IMHO. In fact, I'm pretty impressed with all the reviewers - the evidence suggests they put in quite a bit of time in reading/reviewing the product.

I give them all 5 stars. :)

D

(...still working on the glossary.)

Wisdom Penalty

First Post
...soooo...is valus going to be supported? i know there's a module set to be released (is it out?). anything else in the pipeline?

live from hotlanta,
W.P.

grodog

Hero
Wisdom Penalty said:
...soooo...is valus going to be supported? i know there's a module set to be released (is it out?). anything else in the pipeline?

Hiya WP---I've been meaning to reply to this post for awhile, but it kept slipping my (re)mind(ers)....

The non-limited edition of Return of Ippizicus Child-Eater should be out soon; I'll ping Tadashi to see if we have a specific release date yet, or at least an ETA.

We also have two other Valus-related proposals that we're working through development details; nothing can really be said about them yet.

DWP also has some non-Valus proposals in the works, at least one of which should be nearing the point of a public announcement. I should have more detail in another few weeks, if all goes according to plan.

In the meanwhile, has anyone who purchased the book started up a game in the Valus yet?

Remove ads