• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Keep On The Borderlands: Arrival

Dr Simon

Explorer
The dwarf looks blearily at Comoray with his one good eye.

"Some," he says with a heavy accent. "Little."

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
For a moment Comoray looks like is deep in thought. Judgement call time... Then he says a prayer in a low voice and reaches out to take hold of the dwarfs shoulder. Soothing energy flows from him into the battered dwarf, and his injuries slowly mend themselves and disappear. Slowing his words so the dwarf can better understand, he asks, "Can you tell us what happened here? Can you tell us about Haxmar?"

Bless --> Cure Light Wounds: 1d8+3=11

Axel

First Post
Sh'aah

Sh'aah held back, letting Comoray do the talking. Priest-man is better at this thing anyway. In lieu of talking, he studied the captive's body and clothing from a distance - looking for any of the tell-tales that the dwarf was actually the missing ranger (Perception+5/+2 bonus in mountains/+2 bonus vs Fey : will let you roll Dr Si, so I can't tell if it was a bad roll, what mods applied etc).

Having finished his once over, the half-orc turned to face the tunnel they came by and crouched down with his spear at the ready. With little else to do, he put his best effort into listening for the footsteps of anyone approaching.

Axel

First Post
Sh'aah

Sh'aah held back, letting Comoray do the talking. Priest-man is better at this thing anyway. In lieu of talking, he studied the captive's body and clothing from a distance - looking for any of the tell-tales that the dwarf was actually the missing ranger (Perception+5/+2 bonus in mountains/+2 bonus vs Fey : will let you roll Dr Si, so I can't tell if it was a bad roll, what mods applied etc).

Having finished his once over, the half-orc turned to face the tunnel they came by and crouched down with his spear at the ready. With little else to do, he put his best effort into listening for the footsteps of anyone approaching.

Dr Simon

Explorer
The dwarf's bruises fade, and he straightens in his manacles somewhat. The swelling above his eye recedes and he looks at Comoray with two good eyes like glittering amethysts.

"Haxmar traitor," he spits. "I am from King Eisenbart coming, to say to Haxmar, 'where is taxes from waystation?'. Haxmar say 'waystation mine now' and is me in chains putting." He scowls. "A dwarf who turn against true king is dwarf no longer."

Sh'aah studies the dwarf. No sign of the fey about him, at least as far as the half-orc can tell. Nor is there any evidence that he may have been one of the Wardens of the Midnight Sun, but without a sigil it's hard to tell.

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
Comoray trades looks with Sh'aah then turns his gaze back to the dwarf. "We came here to establish trade with your people. Having the Waystation under control of belligerent forces simply will not do." The priest looks around for something they can use to free the dwarf with minimal fuss. "If there is no way to free you quietly we may have to come back after we have regrouped with our Lady."

Axel

First Post
Sh'aah

Sh'aah shrugged after sharing a look with Comoray. Getting involved with rebellions and local politics was well above and beyond what he liked to do. In the end, a new ruler was normally every bit as useless as the old. "Many men say I King now. Is not problem for you or me." He lapsed into silence for a period, letting Comoray do the talking again. "Is missing man though. Important man. You know this?"

Dr Simon

Explorer
There are a few torture implements racked up on the far wall, perhaps some of these could be used to lever the shackles off the wall.

"I have waited this long, I can for longer wait," says the dwarf. "Who is this Lady of yours?"

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
"Lady Arcata, the last of the line of House Dulat, and the current ruler of what has been known as Fort Key-11, which we liberated from the beastmen," says Comoray. The brother looks for something suitable to be used in place of the crowbar he left back with his pack. Once he has it in hand he goes to pry the shackles off the wall.

Last edited:

Axel

First Post
Sh'aah saw what Comoray intended. He dithered for a few seconds, then crossed to the tools rack and took a long metal implement down. "Hold still," he told the dwarf, setting to prise the shackles out of the wall.

Remove ads