A Keep On The Borderlands: Arrival

Axel

First Post
Sh'aah grunted on reaching the top of the climb. He had been impressed by the Dwarf's ability to just get on with it, rather than moaning about his injuries as many men would have done. He crouched in shadow for a few minutes, watching the passage of guards atop the wall and desperately looking to see if a guard had been placed beneath their escape window.

On seeing nothing Sh'aah waited for the opportune moment - as the wall guards had their backs to the open space - and led the trio across at a quiet run.

ooc: Sorry for delay ladies 'n' gents, have been bed ridden with a virus for the past week. :(

Dr Simon

Explorer
Sh'aah, Comoray and Rexun manage to make it back across the compound without being noticed. Just the small matter, as they huddle in the shadow of the shrine, of the guard directly outside the door to their tower. They can, however, see Bastian and Arcata looking out out of an upper floor window, but their attention seems to be on the cliffs above the waystation.

jkason

First Post
Bastian frowns, trying to get a better sense of distance and direction. Sh'aah would probably be better at pinpointing the location, but the half-orc was off following on some other oddity--sometimes it seemed this place was nothing but oddities--so he'd have to do.

"But of course, milady," he offered to Arcata as the noble decided to investigate, thankful for the momentary distraction that kept her still for now. all right, boys, any time now... he thought, unsure of how long the light might curb Arcata's concern for her wandering agents.

[sblock=ooc]Perception (1d20=12)[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
The flickering blue light comes from somewhere above the northernmost of the derelict buildings, one that looks like it used to be an inn. Looking out the window, Bastian catches a glimpse of something moving down by the deserted shrine - a figure skulking in the darkness.

jkason

First Post
As movement elsewhere catches his attention, Bastian stiffens slightly. He makes a subtle gesture to Fife and Cassie to be at the ready as he whispers, "Lady, movement below. Might be our men."

Axel

First Post
Sh'aah held up an open palm to the Comoray and the dwarf, waited a moment and darted in a crouch across the last open ground, between the shrine and the tower, aiming for the side of the tower that didn't have the door. As he gained relative sanctuary at the tower base, his unease at the whole exercise only increased. This been too easy. Should be more Dwarfs.

The half-orc waited a moment before unlooping the rope and grappling hook from his shoulder. Sh'aah swung it in underhand loops until it had some degree of momentum before hurling it upwards - and slightly toward the tower. He glanced upwards to see the result, and also as a precaution against being whacked in the head by the grappling hook - if the earth gods decided they wanted a closer look.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Bastian sees the figures approach the tower and throw up a grappling hook. As they come closer he recognises Sh'aah, Comoray and a naked dwarf. The three climb up, but as the last one is climbing through the window the dwarf guarding the tower door looks around and spots them. He heads over to the former tavern building.

OOC: The party is reunited at last!

jkason

First Post
Bastian helps haul the returning members of the Dulat camp in through the window, an effort which not-incidentally allows him to block Arcata's line of sight to the naked dwarf's current state. The Last Lion quickly pulls off his own cloak and offers it to the newcomer, making sure he's properly covered before he turns to the ranger and the priest.

"You'll be introducing your new, naturalist friend, yes?" he says.

Kaodi

Hero
"My Lady," begins Comoray, "Let me introduce you to Rexun Edelstimme, true Herald to the dwarven King Eisenbart. Now, if you will excuse me for a minute, I think I had best don my armour before things get interesting."

The priest moves to find his gear and as he passes Cassie he gives her a look and and motions with his hand for her to help. "I could use a hand to do this quickly," he says under his breath, "And Fife's skills may be required now."

OOC: If Cassie helps, I can get armour on in two minutes. Otherwise I will have to don it hastily in one. Also, does anyone else find the purple hard to read? I had originally intended to use the blue that Shayuri started with, but now that she has switched to teal it might be easier on the eyes if I changed.

Axel

First Post
Finding everyone looking at him in Comoray's absence, Sh'aah gazed at the floor and shuffled his feet. "He was prisoner," he muttered. "Castle full of rebels," the only additional explanation offered before he moved upstairs to retrive his double axe, and a quick look out the windows.

Remove ads