• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Merc's Life [OOC 01]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Mowgli, take a look at this post: http://www.enworld.org/forum/4753723-post406.html Am I totally wrong in saying that?

Sorry, man, I had the post and then I lost it! Took me forever to find it again. Sheeesh.

Whew, tough questions! I remember the name Ahira the Centaur Druid, I remember Hannibal Switchblade the War Burrough, I remember the name Carnan McCarr (sp?) as being tied to JA. I also remember my character from JA's old tabletop game - a multiple personality Ranger/Assassin (I was into wierdness in character creation even then). I've definitely got my old characters in a notebook somewhere, but we are talking about something like 25 years ago here.

Lemme look around and see if I can dig them up and I'll get back with you.

Leif

Adventurer
Whew, tough questions! I remember the name Ahira the Centaur Druid, I remember Hannibal Switchblade the War Burrough, I remember the name Carnan McCarr (sp?) as being tied to JA. I also remember my character from JA's old tabletop game - a multiple personality Ranger/Assassin (I was into wierdness in character creation even then). I've definitely got my old characters in a notebook somewhere, but we are talking about something like 25 years ago here.

Lemme look around and see if I can dig them up and I'll get back with you.
Not a major deal, for sure. I was just thinking and my thoughts turned in that direction, and I was curious if I was remembering things correctly or not. The fact that I have remembered anything about this at all is fairly amazing considering all the intervening time and brain trauma I've been through!

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Go ahead and get the EARLY morning interactions (if any) posted. My goal is to get the action moving again tomorrow AM. Had two birthday parties this weekend, today's was in Memphis and between church this AM and the party the rest of the day I haven't had time to catch my breath. Got some studyin' up to do before I move on.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
wizard drextin's spells for the day.:

0 level
prestidigitaation, Launch bolt, Caltrops

level 1
orb or acid(lssr), Lo-lite vision

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
That reminds me:

With strong encouragement from Leif, I've become a big fan of the 'Mini-Stat Block.'

Would you all mind doing one for your characters and putting it in a spoiler on each post wherein there is action happening that might need it?

I'd like it if you could include:

Ability Scores, AC (w/ Touch and FF), HP (current/max), and spells available. Those who memorize spells (SD) might consider striking them out as they're used, those who cast spontaneously would help me a lot if they could keep a total of slots available and max along with a list of memorized spells.

If it's too much trouble, I'll find another way to keep up, but it would be very helpful if we could do it this way.

Leif

Adventurer
I can't very well refuse your request, can I? :) Seriously, I'm happy to do it, and would probably do something similar even if you didn't so instruct us. normally, that's what I use the title of my IC posts for, but perhaps this will get me in the habit of using a stat block instead. Now the biggest challenge that I face in doing it is finding the right info on my newfangled character sheet. :D

And the true thanks for this idea goes to renau1g and the other players in my game who have experience with L4W/LEW.

Leif

Adventurer
Mowgli, are you using the SLOW xp progression??! Sheesh, it'll take FOREVER for us to advance in a PBP game, then! I ask this because you have on Houwlou's sheet that he needs 2k xp to reach second level, and even normal is 1k, I'm pretty sure.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I humbly request this idea:

an rg thread that we can maybe link to when the time to have stats prescent. if you look at my sig, i have a spoiler and if you open it you will find a link to each character. if all we need is a cirtain chunk of info, that could be accessed readily, rather then hunting it on an other sight or source. I am still looking for another computer within my current financial means that my fata fingers and poor eyes can read, that can also read the op sight. I missed out on the perfect reconditioned computer by being slow to decide. I won't make that mistake twice.

as for listing the spells, then strikeing them as i use them, i do that for cappizio already, and i change the color to red!
Just an idea here:
for spell slots (like manny) you can just write them as 00000 and slash through the 0's as you use a slot.
I do that for a paladin of freedom/barbarian i am playing (Caerwyn thingol). you can click on his link as well.

Leif

Adventurer
Scotley, who was Caerwyn's original player? Was that Jemal, or am I totally messed up? Of course, I mean "original" as far as when I joined the game. Caerwyn may have had 3 or 4 more players before that, about which you would know, but about which I really don't give a bloody rip! :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads