• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A new dungeon map every day (throughout May)

Kris

Adventurer
MAY 14TH MAP
generic_dungeon_14.jpg

Kris

Adventurer
Also, I wonder if I could get a few opinions on how best to format these - as I'm probably going to make them available for download from my website.

I am currently leaning towards something like this:
generic_dungeons

i.e. something quite plain & simple - and being black and white, hopefully not too demanding on the printer ink (as they look usable in 'draft quality' on my own printer).

(note that only the first two work at the moment)

Last edited:

Crazy Eights

Explorer
I like the first one you have up there. I agree, simple and easy on the printer is definitely the way to go.

Oh, and while I was there I checked out the rest of the site and took a peek at Werewolves of Hargaldor. Nice site you have there.

Kris

Adventurer
...took a peek at Werewolves of Hargaldor. Nice site you have there.

I've not really had any feedback regarding that adventure ...so I'm hoping it doesn't suck too much.

But hopefully there are a few other things on the site that folks may find useful.

Redrobes

First Post
Scripting

Hi Kris, these maps are great. I am a regular poster on the Cartographers Guild :: Homepage and some of us experimented with map scripting. A chap RobA has written a script which takes the maps a lot like what you produce from the vector app and automatically turns them into the maps like your final without the extra embellishments. If your interested then its here:

Subterrainian Map Prettier Script - Cartographers' Guild

If your a member already then forgive my sieve like memory !.

It makes making a standard dungeon very simple - you only need to generate a black and white map of the floor space and it textures, shadows, and grids it for you.

Remove ads