A Newcomer to the Tavern

H

HeavensRose

Rose walks into the tavern, she has a black robe with a hood on. As she moves rose petals seem to fall from under the robe, and the sweet smell of roses surrounds her. Rose looks around the tavern and casually leans against a wall near the corner. Her soft pale blue eyes always gazing cautiously about her, as though she expects trouble. Not that she goes searching for it, though it always seems to finds her.

G

Gene_Kynes

He was more than used to greeting those who entered the Tavern, and replying to those who asked for his help. His response to this person was natural.

Forsaking his usual method of movement, he simply walks to the robed one, his contrasting red and blue eyes being concealed in places by jet black hair. Dressed in his normal clothing of dark blue tones, with a tattered black cloak hanging off his shoulders, a small trace of a smile is visible on his features.

"The rose. Sweetly scented, beautiful, yet it still stings. Symbolic plant, in a way."

The smile widens a hair's width.

"If you do not mind me taking the liberty of introducing myself, my name is Gene...I don't recall seeing you around here...did you only just arrive?"

He seems genuinely friendly, at least on the surface. She can see no weapons visible on the man, save for an empty sheath that seemed contructed to hold a blade of rapier size and shape.

H

HeavensRose

Greetings to Gene

She looked to Gene and seemes to study him for a minute before replying to his introduction of himself. Her voice, in almost a sing-song way replies,

"Greetings to you Gene. It is a pleasure to meet a gentleman such as yourself." She softly curtsies to him then continues, "I am Rose."

She smiles and then slowly lowers her hood to reveal her soft pale white skin. She places her hand behind her neck and flips her hair out of her robe. As she does her long silver hair flows behind her and then gently rests against her back.

H

HeavensRose

She nods to his question, "Yes, I just arrived here from a long and tiring trip." She smiles again, "But let us not speak of that shall we?"

G

Gene_Kynes

He smiled, lightly.

"I'll refrain from that topic...if you wish. And...your name is...Rose?"

He gave a faint chuckle.

"I should've...guessed. Well, Miss Rose, what would be your opinion of a fine drink, perhaps with someone such as I in your company?"

H

HeavensRose

She looks at him quizzically, "Is Rose that uncommon of a name?" She slightly shakes her head as to help herself unscramble the question. She sighs a bit then gives a slight smile, "Yes, a drink would be good."

Slowly, she heads over to the nearest table to sit down, the rose petals still falling from beneath her robe. The petals are a soft pink and the smell still wafts around her. After a few minutes the petals disappate. Gracefully she sits down on a stool.

G

Gene_Kynes

"Depends on the region you first hear it. ...I simply meant the vague hint the petals gave."

Shrugging, he then moved swiftly to bargolem, he murmurs his order...and exchaging a few gold coins that appearently appeared from his glove for two glasses, he makes his way back towards his new aquintance. Slipping the glass of dark fluid towards her, he then takes a sip of his own, sitting down.

"I...hope it's...to your tastes, Miss Rose. Mind my asking of...how you've aquired so many rose petals?"

H

HeavensRose

As he had made orders and paid for them she watched closely. Her blue eyes never left him for a moment unless she ocassionally looked around trying to take in the scene of the tavern.

She nods a smile to him as he passes her drink, "Sure you may ask. Its not that I have them, its more when I walk they appear there. I am what you call a dryad, except I have free movements and not set to one area. However, I do have to report back to the tree at least once a year to tell him of my findings and experiences."

She looks down at the drink and smells it. She smiles and takes a small sip. Her nose wrinkles a bit and a small cough escapes her, "Wha.. *cough* What do you call this? I don't *cough* think I've had it before." She lightly pats near the base of her neck as to help her swallow the liquid.

G

Gene_Kynes

He arches a brow, both in interest and confusion.

"A dryad...? Then...I'm truely graced t'be in your presence, Miss Rose. And...it's call Wine. "Wy-nn". Eliverquisst, to be precise...woudl you rather something else?"

He swirls the contents of his glass around, before taking another small sip.

H

HeavensRose

She looks at the liquid and studies it for a moment, "Wine is it? It is a bit strong on the first couple of drinks, hopefuly it won't be on the third."

She slowly raises the cup to her lips and takes another sip. Swallowing the wine she smiles, "It isn't bad at all. The wine is fine, I would prefer nothing else. And why is it that you are graced by my presence? Do you not interact with others like myself?"

Remove ads