A Newcomer to the Tavern

G

Gene_Kynes

He shrugs.

"You'd call me crazy, if I told you why I take so much interest in people. Well...perhaps mildly insane, or severely eccentric, but something along those lines."

Almost annoyingly, he doesn't answer yet, appearently awaiting an answer to the comment. He moves to take another sip...yet the glass is emptied. Putting the glass back down, he crosses his arms slowly.

H

HeavensRose

She gets an appologetic look on her face, which makes her look like the she has just hurt her best friend. It seems she is not use to annoying others or any other such emotion. "Please forgive me, I didn't mean to annoy you Gene, it was a mere question. It's just that you ask so many questions of me that I do not know what to ask of you. However I suppose I will keep my questions toward you limited so that I will not offend you again."

She softly clears her throat and looks nevervously around. Her eyes fall on the bar keep for a minute before letting her eyes return their studious gaze on Gene. "Can I answer anything else that you might want to know?"

G

Gene_Kynes

He blinks...seemingly surprised.

"No, no...ask what you please, Miss Rose! I thought I was being the annoying one!"

A faint tinge of crimson spreads across his features, as he tilts his head forwards and coughs. When he looks back up, the crimson shade hasn't left, yet his eyes have both synched, appearently, both being a light blue.

"I'd never limit what anyone says...as long as it's friendly, right?"

Managing a small smile, visible only as a shift on his face, he quietly orders an entire bottle of the Eliverquisst. Pouring himself a glass after removing the cap with a tiny blade, then making the small edge dissapear.

"So...er...ask away, Miss Rose."

His smiles widens, faintly, as he presses the glass to his lips and tilting it back, takes a much larger drink than his previous sips. Setting the glass down, he watches her, awaiting her response.

H

HeavensRose

She nods politely and smile while thinking for a moment. Her face brightens as she gets a few questions in her mind.

"You have asked what I am, and now I would like to ask what you are if you don't mind. Also, why is it that you only drink that certain thing and not try anything else. Lastly, do you have a protector?" She seems a bit happy to ask those questions, perhaps they had been bothering her since they first talked. Either way she seems relieved to have them out of her system.

"Oh, and I didn't mind you asking so much of me. I don't mind answering questions, for it is the only way you will know." She grows silent and anticipates his reply.

G

Gene_Kynes

He shrugs...and seems to be contemplating something, before finally answering her first question.

"I'm a...part Shadovar, primarily human. I drink Eliverquisst because it calms me, other drinks tend to make me much too warm, and much too weak-willed carry on a conversation. And as for a protector....yes, in a way. But we protect each other...and it isn't as loving a relationship as yours, trust me."

He grins, before taking another drink of his wine, looking back at the Dyrad...and mirroring her, he also grows quiet, watching her through...oddly enough...still clear vision.

H

HeavensRose

She nods thoughtfully and purses her lips for a moment, "It must be strange to have such a relationship with others. I can not imagine such a thing, though I am sure you must think otherwise." She smiles softly at him then continues, "However, I am interested in what you say you are. What is a Shadovar excatly? I have never heard of such a creature." She studies him thoroughly with her lips, again, pursed in thought.

G

Gene_Kynes

"Never really thought of myself as a 'creature', per se, but...a Shadovar is a strain of humanoid." Repeating the same explaination he often had to do... "The Shadovar were once citizens of an ancient Netherese city. When the city's mythallar failed...the metropolis almost plummeted to the sands, if not the for city's Arch-Arcanist teleporting the entire city into the Plane of Shadow. For Eons, the city brooded...remained unseen....until this passing year, it reappeared, as the city of shade. Those who had been in the city, those who had been born in the city...were...changed. They were much darker, most of them. Some called them human drow, which is a parodox...since drow are drow, and humans and humans. But the gist is fairly easy to catch."

He smiles to her.

"Fair enough of an explaination? And...don't...worry about me. Are all drow malicious? Then..neither are all with Shadovar blood."

He doesn't seem to try and hide this information at all...nor does he try to alter her view of the Shadovar's morals, at least he hopes he isn't, as he watches the dryad.

H

HeavensRose

She nods, "Yes, that was a good explanation. As of now I am not real sure how to feel about your type, but for now I suppose I will remain nuetral. As I see no point in wanting to harm nor do I see where I think your kind has done something justly. Please forgive my opinion, but that is how I feel. Well, I am not sure what else to ask for you pretty much have covered all my questions. What about your friends... are they all Shawdovars?"

K

Kami no Kenshin

The door swings slowly open.........in it stands framed a short asian man with a pair of curved blades, one long and one short, sheathes tucked carefully into his belt. The kimono he wears is plain, gray and frayed, yet at the same time it looks clean and well mended. He is clean shaven, and has numerous visible scars. His long hair is carefully and severly pulled back away from his face and tied behind his head. Heavily callused hands rest, one on his hip and the other on the hiltguard of his long blade. His eyes narrow as he surveys the tavern before him carefully, seeming to take in the positions of all visible weaponry and thier wielders. He looks to be approximately in his mid-twenties, but at the same time
his face is seems possesed by the wisdom of one who has seen too many things in a short time. It also displays a great weariness, beyond normal fatigue.....and more than a little sadness. He murmurs something softly to himself.....

.oO.......this tavern looks just like the last one. Right down to the drunken fool passed out in the corner......the same corner......I think it's the same fool too........Oo.

He stands in the dorrway for a moment before finally entering the tavern and walking toward the bar.....he spots Gene and nods curtly toward him then orders a bowl of food from the barkeep and a hot cup of tea, and takes an out of the way seat to eat it.......

G

Gene_Kynes

Same lil'basta-er...person who ditched me las' time...

He nods in return to the man, before looking back to Rose...frowning.

"Actually...erm...me and a few friends are heading to the Anarouch...the birthplace of all Shadovar...and...none of my friends are Shad's, oddly enough. Khaira's an elf, Faeryl's a drow, Branth's...human...I think...Agudo's human, Lady Hoot's an owl, Kheldar and Leetah are both human, Rocky's a dwarf, Kulideb's an elf..."

He thinks for a moment.

"yeah. Not a single Shadovar. Anyway...if you're wondering why I brought up the Anarouch issue...I was wondering if you'd like to come along with us? I know...you may not like the overly dry climate...but it'll be fun. Promise."

He offers another faint smile.

"How about it?"

Remove ads