A Newcomer to the Tavern

H

HeavensRose

She looks at Kami who nods to Gene, her deep blue eyes watch him carefully, almost as studing his every move. Her head barely moves, only her eyes can be seen following him. She turns back to Gene, "Do you know this being?" She disregards his question for the time being, but offers a soft smile. She also smiles to Kami, whether he notices or not his up to his discretion, but still she makes the smile a friendly one.

G

Gene_Kynes

"Me? Saw 'im before...but never got the chance to converse wit-"

Acting upon impulse...as usual...he turns to the man, and says in a quiet voice that still seems capable of audibility, despite the distance.

"Stranger. Would you like t'join us?"

He turns to Rose, an amazingly faint smile traced on his features.

"Maybe now we'll know him."

H

HeavensRose

She nods and smiles back, "Yes, I suppose we will." She looks to the man and waits to see what his response shall be.

K

Kami no Kenshin

His face wears the same impassive nigh emotionless expression it wore when he entered. He shows no reaction to the look given him by Rose. When asked to join thier table, he shrugs.

Why not.

He picks up his bowl and steaming mug and makes his way toward them..... As Rose studies his movements, she notices that he seems to move only with a purpose. Unless he has some specific agenda in mind, he stands stock still. His hands never stray far enough from his swords that they could not be drawn quickly if the need arose. He seems to be constantly keyed up to react to any hostility and his eyes are always roving. In his bearing, she also notices some hint of nobility........

H

HeavensRose

She shows a bit of interest in his movements, but quickly averts her eyes as not to be rude to stare. "Well, it is nice of you to join us sir." She stands and gives a perfect curtsy, "I am Rose." The more she moves the more the rose scent could be traced from her.

She smiles, walks over to the bar for a moment, tells the bar maid what she wants, and pays her for it. As she walks upon careful inspection roses seem to fall underneath her feet as she walks, so that it looks like she is walking on rose petals. The petals being of pink and white color. She gracefully sits back down and looks from Kami to Gene, as though waiting for conversation to strike up.

K

Kami no Kenshin

He bows slowly, carefully watching both people at the table, then sets his bowl down. He takes a seat.

I am called Kenshin by those who bother to address me.

H

HeavensRose

She smiles, "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintence Kenshin." She looks over to Gene for his reactions to Kenshin.

G

Gene_Kynes

He...simple watches the man, smiling slightly. Appearently...fascinated with the man's shadow, Gene's eyes seem to notice a painful realization, as he glances back up between Rose and Kenshin.
"Pleasure meeting you...Kenshin...thank you for joining Ah...as...rude as this sounds, and as inconvinient a time as this comes...I made a promise t'Miss Khaira that'd I'd be a sufficent guide for the Anarouch. I'd like to...quickly propose to both of you...a bit of a...trip, if you will. If you feel like going...wander around. You'll eventually mind a map of the planes, somewhere. Miss Khaira's notice should be up there. Anyway....I trust you both to keep each other company...I'm truely sorry 'bout this, Lady Rose, Sir Kenshin."
Taking a black cloth from his cloak's lining, he puts it over his lower face, and ties it behind his head, looking to all the world...a bandit.
portlonggene.gif

"Desert winds're harsh."-a seemingly valid explaination.

If both of their eyes drift away from the man...then when the two look back where he was...there's nothing but flooring. A glance to where his glass was reveals a white rose, it's tips flushed with red, and a note pinned to one of it's thorns. Oddly enough, the flower seems to be attached to it's roots, Gene's glass now filled with dirt to sustain the plant. The small black note reads in silver inking: "I know you probably have become sick by these...but...this is my way of honoring me with your company, Lady Rose. That Kenshin fellow seems nice...it'd be appreciated if you showed him the same kindness I had glimpsed in you. As for now, farewell." The handwriting is as visually exotic as it's author, seeing as if written by a hand which had never encountered the Common letters before...instead accustomed to more larger words, with interconnected letters. However...you have a feeling it'd still be messy, even if Gene had written in the unknown origin language.

Artwork Copyright © Christopher C. Quigley 2003

H

HeavensRose

She was stunned at Gene's behavior, she looks at the rose and the note. As she reads it a pain stings her, her first friend she had made has taken his leave. She lets out a small soft sigh, then looks to Kenshin perhaps for some comfort. She looks back to the rose and lightly runs her finger over its petals, she seemed to be happy, for just a moment, to have such a beautiful rose. Her gaze turned back to Kenshin, still looking for some comforting look or perhaps even a kind word. Though she didn't seem that he might be the kind to do such actions. She cast her eyes downward, then softly speaks, "My first friend has left. Does it always feel this way when friends leave? Does it feel like a part of you is leaving as well and that it should only return when they return? This... this feeling is undescribeable, totally opposet of happiness of which I am so accustomed to. Pray tell Mr. Kenshin, what is this new feeling?"

K

Kami no Kenshin

After glancing away for but a moment at some movement just within his field of view, he looks back in Gene's direction and his face takes on a slightly vexed expression, damn Ninja...... he murmurs softly before glancing toward Rose again, the expression quickly draining from his face,

The feeling, Lady Rose, is called lonliness. It will pass in time. It doesn't always feel that way, no. After a while, you may become....accustomed to the idea of having no one around you.....like me. You will eventually learn to make your own way, without the support of others. Once you have achieved this, the feeling will be substantially......lessened. It is a hard lesson to learn, and an even harder one to unlearn.

Remove ads