A Newcomer to the Tavern

G

Gene_Kynes

Shrugging slightly.

"Haven't been in the forest much, my self. Well...not naturally-occuring forests, at least. I've only seen a Nymph a scattered few times...and only a single Dryad. Guess I've gotten luckier."

Taking another calm sip, he then leans against the bar.

"Is this your first trip to the tavern, Lady Rose?"

H

HeavensRose

She nods solemnly, "Yes, it is." She smirks a bit, "Is it that obvious?"

She seems to blush a bit then looks down, "I suppose I need to work harder on trying to fit in." She smiles again, "This is my first time out of the forest at all and I just happened to have wondered out this way. Pray tell Gene, what is it that brings you here?" She takes another sip of the wine and then focuses her attention on him, while waiting for his reply.

G

Gene_Kynes

He shrugs, and swirls the contents of his glass around once more...

"You fit in well enough. Just your sweetly-scented followers tend to draw attraction to you."

He smiles, and takes another sip of his wine.

"I...myself? It isn't too interesting...but this is how I spend my off time. Occaisonally...I get lucky and meet a wonderous lady, or a friend of mine."

He grins faintly, with a shrug.

"Occaisonally becoming warm with wine along the way. Never had much love for other drinks. Enjoying yourself so far?"

H

HeavensRose

She nods at his answer with a slight smile, then proceeds to speak, "Yes, I am enjoying myself. I hope to meet others and learn of their travels and their adventures. I am very interested in that and it would make a great tale to speak of. So, do you meet many friends here? Perhaps you could introduce me sometime?" She says the last question with a soft smile and a bit of a sparkle in her eyes.

G

Gene_Kynes

He smiles at her answer in return, and then shifts his weight from the lean.

"Gladly...while not here, I can easily take you to my...workplace, where most of my friends reside. But...I'd much rather have the pleasure of knowing a bit more about you, for the sake of introducing you to them...and...perhaps enjoying your attentions once more, before someone else catches your interest."

He grins, with that same dampened emotion that even he doesn't seem able to penetrate.
" I...think...you may enjoy the grounds, however. Very large gardens, and several fae have made their homes within them."

H

HeavensRose

She smiles warmly at the thought of the garden and the fae. For one second she allows such a beautiful thought to penetrate her mind. She quickly opens them and speaks, "I don't really know what to tell you of me really. In human years I guess you could say I am about 20, I've lived most of my life far from here with my protector, if you will. He is over 1,000 years old and is very enjoyable to listen to. He has taught me all I know and is just about all I know of. My knowledge isn't vast and neither is my travels. I am a rare type of dryad... as I had mentiond I am a free dryad. There aren't many like me. The roses is a gift from my protector for he says I am as fragile and beautiful as a rose."

She looks down and gives a soft smile at an unknown thought. Looking back up she keeps the smile, "So, is there anything I have left out that you might want to know?"

G

Gene_Kynes

He shrugs, lightly...as he silently thinks for a moment, before looking back to the Dryad.

"I doubt they'll ask your age...but still, interesting to know how Dryad maturation seems to be in synch with humans."

He drains the final contents of his glass.

"...allow my curiousity to overwhelm what little tact I possess for a moment...will you? Do you mind me asking...what your protector was like?"

H

HeavensRose

A warm thoughtful smile crosses her face, "Well his is old... very old as I have told you. He loves me like any father to a child, and protects me as such. Also, he is very wise for his many years of observation has made him that way. He even listenes to the conversation of travellers to learn most of what he knows. He is gentle and forgiving, and is very patient." As she stops speak, the warm smile still lingers on her lips, the memory of him is very comforting to her.

G

Gene_Kynes

Gene smiled, running a hand through his hair to keep at least his arm from getting too relaxed.

"I take it he was a druid...then? Perhaps an elf?"

The ember of curiousity he once had appearently found some tinder, as he watches her with interest.

H

HeavensRose

She nods, "He was in fact a druid."

She looks down as her hands fold together as she places them atop the table. A leather ring adorns her thumb with some strange markings engraved in it. She looks back up to him with a slight curious tone, "Pray tell Gene, why is it that this interests you so? Do you also enjoy hearing of others tales and adventures?"

Remove ads