• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

a non singing Bard

emanresu

First Post
My plan is Beguiler/Mindbender to enter Prestigious Bard. At 1st level PB I gain access to the Bard spell list...OK now thats awesome. Confusion as a 2nd level spell, big time heck yah! Oh how would this work, Beguiler has a set spell list he knows and the Unique spells info is he will gian access to these. I interpret that as, add them to my known Beguiler spell list. Buuut that creates a huge and now very diverse spell list.

If its the case then I feel as if though I have awakened a sleeping giant!!!!

Eman

Talk to your DM about how you'd have access to spells and such with prestige bard. He might only allow using the bard's PHB spells and not any others from other books since the part about unique spells does mention that kind of thing. Another possibility is having to pick bard spells like usual. UA is a book entirely about changing things up and giving the DM different options and guidelines for it, so don't expect everything, or even anything, in it to go as planned even if what's printed would allow for it.

This kinda reminds me of taking warmage and going into the Rainbow Servant PrC, since the RS 10th level ability says the caster gets access to cleric spells. The usual interpretation on it is the warmage can now cast any cleric spell spontaneously.

emanresu

First Post
exalted arcanist
sand sandshaper

both have spell lists you get access to once class is taken

so this wouldnt be as "unique" as I thought STILL AWESOME...if allowed

eman

Bards can use any of the performances to activate their music abilities. I played with a bard that told stories and another that told dirty limericks.

One option to consider is the feat Subsonics to activate your bardic music abilities without really worrying about what your performance is.

rgard

Adventurer
I think he seems perfectly reasonable compared to the halfling wearing more leather than a BDSM fetishist and the man in the dress.

Ok, still laughing here. I'm told I have to spread around experience before I can give you more.

Some other alternatives might include:

- Gregorian Chant bard (still singing technically, but not traditional singing)
- Beatnik poetry slam bard
- Oratory bard ("Ask not what your party can do for you ..." or "I have a dream that one day, adventurers will rise up against dragons everywhere ...")
- Tap bard; magical effects from the rhythm of his shoes
- Mime bard; he's purely visual
- Interpretive dance bard
- Tuvan throat singing bard
- Jazz bard on a slide trombone (doubles as a reach weapon)
- Conductor bard, uses a rapier as his baton

Bards can use any of the performances to activate their music abilities. I played with a bard that told stories and another that told dirty limericks.

Technically that's not true, but at least one of the Perform options is an oddball unto itself. Complete Warrior pages 121 and 122 detail Perform (Weapon Drill), and in the description it says that this kind of Perform can't be used for bardic music abilities.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads