• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Paid Trip to Spellhold [D&D 4e]

BarrelRider

First Post
Seeing a good story on its way to developing, Daven follows the skin changer into the room. Does anyone have the skills required to free these people from their cages? he asks those still out in the alley. There's something ironic about being unable to open a lock in a thieves' hideout.

Velmont

First Post
"Slavers. I had heard about it but I never had witness it until now." tells Cliff aloud to himself. He draws his sword and tells to Issia and Izera "I will have to postpone my offer to eat. Opposite to most inhabitant of this city, I have some value I am ready to fight and die for. Liberty is one of them."

He then enters the room. He looks at the cage. "The druid have instruct us: if you can't open it, you can break it" the paladin swing his sword on the lock of the door. The first attempt seems to notch the lock, so Cliff tries to open it and see if it was enough.

[SBLOCK=OOC]That could have been a nice flashback, seeing myself in a cage, ready to get sold... ;)

Strength check (1d20+4=17)[/SBLOCK]

Theroc

First Post
Issia sighed, but figured it could not be helped. She entered behind the others, approaching the woman's cage as she too attempted to rip the 'door' of the cage clean off, growling as she tapped into the wellspring of her draconic might.

[sblock=Strength Check]
1d20+4=23[/sblock]

Reklaw

First Post
"They went through that door." Says Rudin, pointing towards the door that the bandits ran through.

Rudin looks about the room for his weapons...

CaBaNa

First Post
Thurinar watches the others file in, and brings up the rear, watching for the thieves to circle around behind them. The elf's mind racing, he begins watching the group intently, studying them.

Insight

Adventurer
Mithalor Shand follows Thurinar. The sailor, wary of any Shadow Thieves' involvement in this, watches very carefully for an ambush.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Cliff uses his blade on the cage's lock, and prepares to apply his strength over it. He raises his eyes, that meet those of Rudin...
[sblock=A flash of light blinds the shifter...(Velmont only)]
For a moment, you see your hands, they are like the dwarf's, that a moment before was in front of you. You are grasping the bars now, from the other side is a man, middle age, grinning at you with an evil gaze. He gives you his back and walks away. You knew what was going to happen, and instinctively reach out the back part of the cell. You feel your legs shaking and your heart beating like a drum inside your chest. A pair of men armed with clubs entered the cage. Now you notice the several bruises you have all over your body. The flash of light subsides, leaving you the experience of another life.[/sblock]For a moment, the shifter remains still, until he goes on and with Issia's might pulling off the sword, the lock breaks, opening the door of the cage.
Resting near the cage are the dwarf's belongings, the backpack has been cut open, and the contents are spread around it. Twiix stuff also lei scattered on the floor.
Thurindar and Mithalor are attentive of their surrounding, and hear footsteps coming from the other door, the one that the dwarf didn't point out.

Velmont

First Post
"You've been lucky dwarf, that these men were coming after the shadow thieves. Other have meet more dire fate than yours. You'll be safe now." tells Cliff to the dwarf before turning to the other. "Is the one you were seeking among them? If it is the case, I suggest we leave now, before they come with reinforcement, because if they do, it will mean they know they will that fight, which might be true."

Theroc

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Apologies if I'm confused, or if I was unclear, Issia went to the cage with the woman in it to open it, not the cage with Rudan in it that Cliff was using his sword on. Issia figured if they're coming into free people, she'd help free the woman since the Dwarf was taken care of, and assumed someone else would take care of the third prisoner. (You did say there were other prisoners here, right?)[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Me bad
What I meant was that there is one big cage with three people in, the dwarf (Rudin), the shifter (Taran's brother), and the woman (Mithalor sister). Only with the combined forces of you two, and probably with the sculptural dwarf's inside, the lock could have been opened. [/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads