• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Paid trip to Spellhold [IC] Chapter 3: The Prison of Horrors

tiornys

Explorer
OOC: I'm assuming I used Word of the Blinding Shield and missed? I was planning to enter the Destruction runestate on that power.

As the skeletons press forward, Asterion raises his shield and steps back. EstenAuran Szarr! A complex sigil blooms on the head of his hammer. As he swings the hammer above his head, the sigil brightens, then flares outward in a burst of radiance, searing the nearby skeletons. The sigil subsides, but remains hanging in the air, its gentle glow a comfort to Asterion's friends.

[sblock=Rune State: Destruction]Allies gain a +1 bonus to hit vs. enemies adjacent to Asterion.[/sblock]

[sblock=Mechanics]Move: shift to P12 (updated map)
Standard: Rune of the Undeniable Dawn on 4 skeletons (edit: vs. AC). I create a zone in a close burst 3 that grants a +2 power bonus to all defense for me and any ally in the zone. (edit: X's mark the corners of the zone)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Status]HP: 49/49 (11 temp HP) Surges: 11/11 Surge Value: 12
AC: 22 Fortitude: 17 Reflex: 15 Will: 17
Resist: 5 Fire, 5 all Saving Throw mods: none
Speed: 5 Initiative: (+2) xx
Passive Insight: 21 Passive Perception: 16
Action Points: x [] Usage this encounter
[] Second Wind

[][][] Failed Death Saves

Current Status:
Rune State of Destruction, Rodric's resistance, maintaining Rune of the Undeniable Dawn

Actions:
[x]Standard
[x]Move
[]Minor
[]Immediate

Powers:
Word of Diminishment, Word of Exchange, Flames of Purity, Word of the Blinding Shield, Rune of Mending[][], Goring Charge, Rune of the Undeniable Dawn, Rune of the Final Act, Shield of Sacrifice, Lullaby Weapon, Armor of Sacrifice, Amulet of Resolution, Battleforged Shield, Forgemaster's Gloves, Flameburst Weapon

[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Kaedyn Thorngood, Human Male Fighter

Kaedyn swings his broadsword, "Die spawn of hell!" As the skeleton falls in a heap, the fighter moves to flank the nearest skeleton.

[sblock=Actions]Start: N/a
Standard Action: At Will attack on S@ S7;Resolute Shield (1d20+11=21, 1d10+10=12); KIA
Move Action: Move to R-9, updated map
Minor Action: none
End: n/a[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]HP: 50/57+11THP Bloodied 28; Healing Surges 14HP, 12/day
AC:
24 (22 without Shield)
Fort: 20 Ref: 17 Will: 15
+2 vs. Fear; Resist Poison 5

Weapons in Hand: Shield & Broadsword[/sblock]__________________________

Worang4.jpg
Kaedyn Thorngood

Walking Dad

First Post
Rodric the Bright

"Amaunator, destroy these undead with your radiant touch!" Rodric intones and move forward. His sword glows with radiant as he attacks the skeleton and bolsters Chizz.

[sblock=OOC]

That assumes S2 is still active:

free: change damage to radiant
minor: sustain Moment of Glory
move: to Q11
standard: Blessing of Battle vs S2. Effect: gives Chizz DR2 vs all for this round

(sorry I wasn't able to include chizz in the moment of glory)

[sblock=Mini-Sheet]Rodric the Bright
Perception: 22 Insight: 21 Normal Vision
AC 24 Fortitude 17 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 47 / 47 Bloodied: 23
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +1; +3 vs death.
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0
Healing Surge:11 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will Powers: Blessing of Battle, Brand of the Sun, Sun's Glow, Lance of Faith
Encounter Powers: Healing Word 2/2, Smite Undead/Soothing Light, Sun Burst, Resurgent Sun
Daily Powers: Moment of Glory, Bless, Holy Cleansing, Inspire Fervor, Symbol of Life, Sunblade Burst

Condition: Blessed (+1 att bonus), resist 5 (all)

[/sblock][/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Cliff move forward toward the Lich King. "Foul creature, your fight is with me now!" Even if he is standing a few meters for it, he swings his sword, who unleash a spray of acid that hit the Lich King and the acid start to eat what remain of his flesh.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Move: Walk to R6
Minor: Divine Challenge the Lich King
Standard: Acidic Longsword (melee 5) vs AC on LK (1d20+12=31, 1d8+5=13) That's should hit.
Free: Acidic Longsword: Assuming I just hit, The Lich King gains ongoing 5 acid damage (save ends). [/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]
Actually, Kaedyn already dispatched SK3. I did not remove it from the map, leaving that for the DM to take care of. Nice to know that other players are reading my posts. ;)

[MENTION=88649]perrinmiller[/MENTION]: Your post tells you attack S@, and on my keybord, @ is SHIFT-2, so I guessed it was a typo and you meant S2. Also, your character is standing next to S2.
Conclusion, it's your fault. I have read it, you are not clear. ;)

I'll go edit my post[/SBLOCK]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
"Thank you for clearing the way," Anguish says plainly to his allies without looking back. "Now cower before my arcane might, lich king! I call upon the fey powers that rule the wilds of this world and those beyond, bind this creature to my will! Muhoruata!"

With this last utterance a thin green veil covers the lich king and Anguish smiles. "Now I have you."

Anguish summons the might of the fey to create a fist-sized orb of painful blue-white radiance that whirls around the lich king, searing him. Fierce rays shoot from it like jabbing daggers of light, fencing him in where he stands.[sblock=actions]minor: curse lich king
move: shift to S6
standard: invoke dread star on lich king (+1 hellfire blood, +1 bless, +1 prime shot), regardless of hit/miss, lich king is -2 to will (save ends), if hit, immobilized until my next turn, total damage 27 (I forgot to add +2 from my magic rod to the damage rolls)[/sblock][sblock=effects]
bless (+1 power to attack)
moment of glory (resist 5 all)
temp hp 11
temp hp 3
do these stack?
Infernal Wrath
Witchfire
Ethereal Stride
Otherwind Stride

Dread Star
Crown of Madness

Cursed: lich in N3, lich king in Q2[/sblock]

Last edited:

Durlak

First Post
Taran says to binwin "Care to switch sides so I can flank the skeleton?"
Taran shapeshift to a panther and mauls the skeleton near him.

[sblock=OCC]
If binwin is able and willing to switch then Taran hits S2. If not then it still hits S2 but without the extra 11 damage.
Grasping Claws: A: 1d20+8, D: 1d8+4. If enemy grants CA then +1d10(Grasping Claws) +1d10 (Claw Gloves)
[/sblock]
1d20+8=20, 1d8+4=5, 2d10=11

Voda Vosa

First Post
The skeletons fall under the might of Asterion and Roderic's glowing power, and Chizz and Kaedyn's blades.
Meanwhile, the skeletons now controlled by the archmage move to engage the lichs, who combining their power bring down another mage with spikes of ice, that impale the unlucky bastard.
Cliff and Anguish fiercely attack the lich king. Apparently fearing being destroyed way to quickly, the lich shifts from existence, leaving a blue energy tray that dissipates in the air.

OOC: The skeletons are dead, I need new actions from Taran before finishing the full update

Remove ads