A Paid trip to Spellhold [IC] Chapter 3: The Prison of Horrors

On Puget Sound

First Post
Don't give it any suggestions, Cliff! Drawing his blades, Chizz rushes the creature. As he hits it, bright sparks from his enchanted bracers run down his blade and race along the skeleton's bones, stopping at weak spots to show Chizz's allies where best to hit.
[sblock=Actions]
FREE: draw Katar (fast hands)
MINOR: split knife into 2 blades
STANDARD: charge to O-8 (speed 8 when charging) with basic melee attack. HIT for 8.
adding: bless +1, CA +2, nimble blade feat +1, charging +1
FREE: activating Breach Bracers: target gains vulnerability 5 to the next attack that hits it before end of my next turn.

REACTIONS: If bloodied or critically hit, use Wounded Beast as reaction: +14 vs AC, for 4d6+5 (quarry) and spend a healing surge. If otherwise attacked, use Duelist's Flurry attack as interrupt: +14 vs Reflex, for 3d6+9 including sneak attack.[/sblock]

[sblock=status]
+1 attack (bless), resist 5 all (moment of glory), duelist's prowess stance active.
HP: 44/44, +7 thp, 6 surges
Resources available:
action point
second wind
5 thp when first bloodied
Off-Hand Strike
Nasty Backswing
Wounded Beast
Duelist's Prowess
Lucky Charm
Breach Bracers
Potion of Healing (heroic tier)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
OOC: Holidays have been crazy busy for me at work (I currently work at an airport), but things are starting to slow down. I will get back to a regular posting schedule soon.

tiornys

Explorer
Asterion climbs to his feet, quickly tracing a rune that lends healing to Taran and energizes the group's weaponry. He then launches a quick attack, designed to weaken the monster's defenses.
OOC: Everyone note: you are at +1 hit from Bless and +1 hit from Asterion standing next to the abomination. You are at +2 power bonus to damage and the creature is vulnerable 2 all damage until the end of Asterion's next turn.

[sblock=Mechanics]Note: the abomination is vulnerable 5 to the next attack that hits it. Asterion is +3 to damage against the abomination thanks to his Wrathful Hammer class feature.

Move: stand up
Minor: Rune of Mending on Taran, Taran heals a surge, everyone gains a +2 power bonus to damage until the end of Asterion's next turn.
Standard: Rune of Diminishment on the abomination, on a hit the creature is vulnerable 2 all damage (and vulnerable 5 to OA's) until the end of Asterion's next turn. edit: not sure how I got two damage rolls there. Should have been +15 damage (5 base, 5 for vulnerability, 3 for Wrathful Hammer, 2 power bonus from Rune of Mending), so that's 22 total damage.[/sblock]
[sblock=Rune State: Destruction]Allies gain a +1 bonus to hit vs. enemies adjacent to Asterion.[/sblock]
[sblock=Combat Status]HP: 36/49 Surges: 9/11 Surge Value: 12
AC: 22+1=23 Fortitude: 17+1=18 Reflex: 15+1=16 Will: 17+1=18
Resist: 5 Fire, 5 all Saving Throw mods: none
Speed: 5 Initiative: (+2) 18
Passive Insight: 21 Passive Perception: 16
Action Points: 1 [x] Usage this encounter
[] Second Wind

[][][] Failed Death Saves

Current Status:
Rune State of Destruction, Rodric's resistance + Bless

Actions:
[]Standard
[]Move
[]Minor
[]Immediate

Powers:
Word of Diminishment, Word of Exchange, Flames of Purity, Word of the Blinding Shield, Rune of Mending[x][], Goring Charge, Rune of the Undeniable Dawn, Rune of the Final Act, Shield of Sacrifice, Lullaby Weapon, Armor of Sacrifice, Amulet of Resolution, Battleforged Shield, Forgemaster's Gloves, Flameburst Weapon

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads