A Paid trip to Spellhold [IC] Chapter 3: The Prison of Horrors

Voda Vosa

First Post
Asterion, Chizz, Cliff, Kaedyn and Taran

homeship.gif

Our battered heroes return to the ship with the last of their strengths, and are received by the crew. They spend the night resting and tending to their wounds. During the night, the already woounded adventurers had to repel a horde of undead, that tried to overrun the ship.
But, with the help of Asterion, the rest of the group recuperates faster than normal, and at noon, on the next day, they are ready to press forward on the horrors-filled prison. Lochlan decided to stay back, to protect the ship, would the undead try to attack it.

274.jpg

As they make their way towards the bridge, they came across a strange duo, a dwarf and a human, both with shiny armors and what seems as good quality gear, which is odd, for this island.

Rodric the Bright and Binwin the greedy Paladin

darkforest.jpg

It has been a week since Rodric and Binwin met, while both wondered around the defiled island of Spellhold. Rodric's ship was heading to the inland, and he was part of the mission to bring the light of his god to the dark lands in the noth, but some ill winds smashed the ship against the rocks of Spellhold. Only the cleric survived, and after burying his companions, the dark forces of the island raised them as undeads! In the peak moment of the fight, when Rodric was about to be overwhelmed, a shiny crusader emerged from the shadows, a dwarf, wielding a holy symbol, stud his ground against the abominations and eradicated them with the claric's aid, only to run afterwards, and start gathering the dead's belongings, frantically, like a starving person gathering the spoils of a rich dinner.
Binwin's ship had faced a similar destiny, attracted by the foul magic of the island, so both holy warrior joined arms, and marched to see the end of this evil. They would cut it at the neck, and to do so, they should get into the castle that looms from the central hill.
It was then, when they were standing on the bridge, that a colourful group of well equipped seamen approached them.

Last edited:

On Puget Sound

First Post
We're studying skeletons. So far, we've learned that they fall apart when you hit them hard enough, and they don't swim well. Of course, the same facts are true about us. Chizz replies jovially, glad to see something with skin on it.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Kaedyn, striding at the front of their procession, walks straight up to the two in shiny armor. He suspects they might be illusions, being so out of place, and he taps the butt of his javelin against each one in turn, despite their ornery and suspicious looks.

Calling back over his shoulder he says, "They appear to be real, not just talking illusions." Turning back to the newcomers, he replies, "We are going for a stroll inside this place. Bound to be exciting given we almost were killed the last time. We are not always the brightest or luckiest of adventurers, but we don't lack courage or senses of humor. I am Kaedyn Thorngood, warrior at large."

[sblock=Actions]Start:
Standard Action:
Move Action:
Minor Action:
End: [/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]HP: 57/57 Bloodied 28; Healing Surges 14HP, 12/day
AC:
24 (22 without Shield)
Fort: 20 Ref: 17 Will: 15
+2 vs. Fear; Resist Poison 5

Weapons in Hand: Shield & Javelin[/sblock]__________________________

Worang4.jpg
Kaedyn Thorngood Char Sheet

tiornys

Explorer
Asterion stands his ground, nodding to the pair. Your arms and armor appear to be well crafted. Would you perhaps like to accompany us? Our "experiments" would welcome new weapons against the undead. Asterion smiles grimly, and thinks to himself Furthermore, that way we can keep an eye on you in case you turn out to be untrustworthy.

Walking Dad

First Post
Rodric the Bright

"Well met, brave adventurers. You have luck. It is hard to find a better ally in the fight versus the undead than a faithful servant of Lord Amaunator. I'm called Rodric the Bright." The cleric introduces himself.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Mini-Sheet]Rodric the Bright
Perception: 22 Insight: 21 Normal Vision
AC 24 Fortitude 17 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 47 / 47 Bloodied: 23
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +1; +3 vs death.
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0
Healing Surge:11 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will Powers: Blessing of Battle, Brand of the Sun, Sun's Glow, Lance of Faith
Encounter Powers: Healing Word 2/2, Smite Undead/Soothing Light, Sun Burst, Resurgent Sun
Daily Powers: Moment of Glory, Bless, Holy Cleansing, Inspire Fervor, Symbol of Life, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Durlak

First Post
A pleasure, as it always is meeting new living fellows in this cursed island. The warrior name is Kaedyn, a fierce sailor. My greenish friend is called Chizz, a dextreous ranger. And the server of Ilmater, Cliff. I always confuse their names, cos' they sound so similar, so don't worry if you do too. My horned fellow is Asterion, an awe inspiring blacksmith. As for myself, the name is Taran from Mountain Fold and I'm a druid.
I believe it's better if we stay together. As you said Rodric, the walking dead fear the light ot Amaunator!
Says Taran encouraged by this encounter.

sappire07

First Post
my names Binwin. ill protect you all. perhaps we'll even find some loot within that evil looking castle. Binwin cheerfully says to the newcomers

Durlak

First Post
Alas, that is not a castle. It's worse than an evil looking castle. It's a prison, and not just any regular prison. It a mage prison. This island, is the prison of the Cowled Wizards of Amn. Also known as Spellhold. So I guess this undead are the wrongdoing of a necromancer who took over the prison. Grimly says Taran.

Remove ads