• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Paid trip to Spellhold [IC] Chapter 3: The Prison of Horrors

Walking Dad

First Post
Rodric the Bright

"If it is undead, destroy it. If it raises undead, kill it. The rest will have to be seen!" Rodric simply declares, following Kaedyn.
"Anyone wants to carry the light of Amaunator? But be warned, it will not act as true sunlight."

[sblock=OOC]
Can give anyone (not everyone) Sun's Glow. It is the divine version of the Light cantrip.

[sblock=Mini-Sheet]Rodric the Bright
Perception: 22 Insight: 21 Normal Vision
AC 24 Fortitude 17 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 47 / 47 Bloodied: 23
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +1; +3 vs death.
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0
Healing Surge:11 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will Powers: Blessing of Battle, Brand of the Sun, Sun's Glow, Lance of Faith
Encounter Powers: Healing Word 2/2, Smite Undead/Soothing Light, Sun Burst, Resurgent Sun
Daily Powers: Moment of Glory, Bless, Holy Cleansing, Inspire Fervor, Symbol of Life, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"I'm not sure it will be interesting. We might enter in the middle of a crossfire and both side will see us as target." tells Cliff. "But still, do we have much choice. Let's go!"

On those words, Cliff unsheathe his sword and strap his shield. "Put your light on my shield" tells Cliff. Once the cleric have done his prayer, Cliff follow Kaedyn.

Voda Vosa

First Post
The group ventures towards the door, Keeling track of Chizz, who scouts ahead. If the group has already been spotted by whatever intruders or the defenders, they don’t seem to care.

Clock.jpg

Our heroes enter the building from the main doorway, and find the inner hall is covered with corpses, old and new. The heroes find a stair near the entrance. Footsteps over the general dust indicate that the invaders walked through there. There is also a corridor that apparently leads to the dungeon and the cells of the inmates. The rest of the main floor is full of small rooms and corridors, apparently the administration sector of the prison.

On Puget Sound

First Post
Apart from the light of Aumanator, what light is present here if Chizz decides to scout ahead of the party? Can we hear fighting from upstairs, and can we tell about how far away it is? Any intelligible words? (Languages: common, giant)

Velmont

First Post
"We should also look in the office, maybe we might learn a bit more about the goal of this prison and who was prisoner here." suggest Cliff.

Walking Dad

First Post
Rodric the Bright

"Good thinking! Lead the way!" Rodric says enthusiastic to Cliff.

[sblock=OOC]
If their is not enough ambient light, he will set his weapon to at least torch brightness.

[sblock=Mini-Sheet]Rodric the Bright
Perception: 22 Insight: 21 Normal Vision
AC 24 Fortitude 17 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 47 / 47 Bloodied: 23
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +1; +3 vs death.
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0
Healing Surge:11 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will Powers: Blessing of Battle, Brand of the Sun, Sun's Glow, Lance of Faith
Encounter Powers: Healing Word 2/2, Smite Undead/Soothing Light, Sun Burst, Resurgent Sun
Daily Powers: Moment of Glory, Bless, Holy Cleansing, Inspire Fervor, Symbol of Life, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
The room is only light by dying torches, that flicker with the strong winds that gust inside the dead halls. Shouting and screaming coming from upstairs are unnerving. Screams of pain, shouts of hate. Nothing of what the people is saying makes sense, as it is heavily distorted by the echo on the hollow rooms and the noise from the wind.

Taran searches the bodies. He finds a couple of good quality regular weapons, some gems and gold pieces among the remains. He also finds in one of the bodies, a piece of paper, it appears to be a contract of sorts, but it's stained with blood and scorched in some parts. For what the druid can tell, it is a mercenary contract.

The group gets:
Mercenary contract
Gems, worth 500 gp
Weapons worth 100 gp
200 gp

Last edited:

Durlak

First Post
Taran walks to the office and talks to his mates "Did you found anything? I found this bloodstained paper, I think it's a mercenary contract and I've found the payment too. Some gold and gems. I have also found some good weapons, we better leave the weapons here and take them latter" Taran walks around the room thinking.
Maybe the prison was attacked to free someone. We better scout carefully upstairs were the noises are coming. Anyone who dared to attack Spellhold must be of some power and I don't want to have my soul carried over to Moonbow just yet. I can shift to mouse shape, so I can scout without standing out.

tiornys

Explorer
Mercenaries you say? Depending on their aim, we might not need to fight them. Is the contract clear on their goals? In any case, if it's scouting we need, then I had best stay back. I'll keep my hammer ready in case we need to smash some skulls--living or otherwise.

Remove ads