A Problem of Nobility or Things that go Bump in the Night (Covaithe Judging)

Tinwe

First Post
[sblock]Grim will be testing out his sneakiness in the shop. Carolina is welcome to the ring if she wishes.[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
The two defenders Kruk and Raiyek, stand guard with weapons drawn, not close to the shop to draw attention, but with in shouting distance, ready to assist the ranger and the rogue if they need it.

[sblock=OOC]
It's settled then. The ring goes to the rogue. Congrats!
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
As the halfling and bugbear (Raiyek never thought he'd see someone so large move so unobtrusively!) creep away towards the shop, he pulls Kruk, Georg, and Xoc into an alley across the street. "Stay quiet and find a shadow - we don't want to bring any extra attention to them, even if we're not quiet enough to get inside with them."

After he's found his spot of shadow, Raiyek keeps an eye on the street and other nearby hiding spots to make sure they're not being watched, and that they won't be interrupted.
[sblock=OOC]Might as well make the rest of us as hard to find as possible, right?
Stealth (1d20-1=17)
Perception (1d20+11=29) ... Oh my word, I better still have some of these when we get into a fight!

Oh, and this would be me back from my trip, safe and sound ;)[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk, stands stunned, with jaw opened wide, as he observes the bugbear suddenly vanish into the shadows. It is only when Raiyek grabs him that he is brought back to reality. When Raiyek leads him and the warlord to a to a place in shadow, Kruk turns to Xoc and whispers "Did you see that? I expected the rogue to vanish, not the bugbear. What else can he do?" To the palidan, Kruk whispers "Thanks...it's obvious that stealth is not one of my strong points. I'm eager to see what the ranger and rogue find out." A worried look appears on Kruk's face. "We can still hear them from this distance if they call us for backup, right?" It is at this point that Kruk notices the warlord and the palidan giving him the "shut up" look. Kruk states "Oh...right...got it", then looks foward, focusing on the task at hand.

[sblock=ooc]
perception roll: 1d20 = 1 :p

ha ha! good that I got that roll out of the way ;)

Obviously he's still thinking about the vanishing bugbear
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
While the others are hiding in the shadows of an adjacent alleyway, the pair of stealthy characters approach the building, a small shop, with various items in the window, a couple of gears, allegedly from a warforged, a few tribal looking masks, and a pair of minotaur horns hanging from the ceiling. The building looks to be in good shape and a curtain blocks any attempts to see through the window.

A single candle burns outside the shop in a lantern above the front door. You hear no movement inside, nor see anything in the darkness.

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg follows his less stealthy companions into the alleyway. Is this where we are supposed to hide? He asks in a loud voice while keeping a close eye on the shop.

[sblock=OOC]I did some rolls, but i hope they don't matter either
Stealth 1d20+0=2
Perception 1d20+2=11
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Georg follows his less stealthy companions into the alleyway. Is this where we are supposed to hide? He asks in a loud voice while keeping a close eye on the shop.

[sblock=ooc]
lol...your stealth roll is still better than my perception roll
[/sblock]

"Shhhhhhhhh" Kruk states to Greorg. "You're going to alert someone." A few moments pass by. "They've been gone for a while. I'm getting a cramp in my leg. Is that a lit candle I see or am I seeing things?"

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek turns to glance at Kruk, then looks back to the street. "Yes, it's a candle. They're not in any trouble yet, so we're going to wait," he whispers, unusually terse. Interesting how quickly those lessons on stealth come back, he thinks. Heh, they must have drilled it into me harder than I thought.[sblock=OOC]My Perception check beat both of their Stealth checks (Hah! Take that, you stealthy types :p), so I'm going to assume that I can keep track of them until they go out of sight or make new checks that beat my Perception. That OK?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads